Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › who will be in the team in 6 months time?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 418 Guests

who will be in the team in 6 months time?

This thread currently has 15,677 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 20, 2021, 11:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
You’d keep williams!? Christ alive. Pay him off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 97
Bigdog
April 20, 2021, 11:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Hagrid
You’d keep williams!? Christ alive. Pay him off.

Opinons mate. I think he's got talent, more than enough for the Conference, as shown in his last two appearances for us and earlier on in the season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 97
forza ivano
April 20, 2021, 11:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Bigdog

I'd only try and keep or sign..

Hewitt
Hendrie
Menayese
Matete
Clifton
Coke
Williams

I'd dispense with Hurst's services too..

Pay who needs paying off. The rest are just not good enough to take us forward..

i don't think you will get your wish re hurst as he's the consortium's choice.

what i will say is that he hasn't got too much leeway. He's had enough time to assess his present charges. He has now got much more time ,far more than any National League boss, to get players in and to get a proper pre season organised
He also has the benefit of the full parachute payment, which should leave us in a better financial position than the vast majority of the division

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 97
DB
April 20, 2021, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,878
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from forza ivano

what i will say is that he hasn't got too much leeway. He's had enough time to assess his present charges. He has now got much more time ,far more than any National League boss, to get players in and to get a proper pre season organised
He also has the benefit of the full parachute payment, which should leave us in a better financial position than the vast majority of the division

So what your saying is that Hurst will have a decent shot at promotion the first time and if it doesn't happen then we'll be like the other ex-league clubs.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 97
ginnywings
April 20, 2021, 11:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from forza ivano

Yep, we need to hit the ground running, fully prepared, with a squad in place, pre season games aplenty and with a clear starting 11 ready for match day one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 97
Bigdog
April 20, 2021, 11:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

Agree. He will be in charge. Had an open mind when he returned. My assessment is that he's been very disappointing. Didn't like him slagging off the existing squad in December. Cost us any new manager bounce. Didn't address lack of pace up front in the window and took him months to address lack of pace in our back line. Left us with only one option and that was to play anti-football to get us out of trouble. No flexibility at all yet he signed eleven players. Eleven players and only three of them have been any good, Matete, Menayese and Coke.

Hurst will seem the safe option, but I fear safe will never get us back in the EFL..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 97
Harry Haddock
April 20, 2021, 11:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
I'd like to see what Khouri and Jackson can do with some regular game time

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 97
toontown
April 20, 2021, 11:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Williams desperately needs paying off, along with plenty of others. Gibson might be retained and loaned out only because his 3 year (Christ!) Contract might mean its cheaper to deal with him that way.

Rose has been dreadful and needs paying off.

I am hoping waterfall activates the clause that means if we are relegated he doesn't have to stay but it depends on someone being silly enough to sign him who isn't ian Holloway.

Macca will be way too expensive to pay off I would think as its his testimonial season I believe, so he will be here. He will probably be the best paid goalkeeper in non league so I suspect we may be unable to justify signing another serious keeper for our level as we would then be spending more on goalies wages than most conference teams do on strikers wages! Unless he can get Eastwood cheap on loan maybe?

Jackson isn't rated by Hurst, he's cheap but then he will be cheap to pay off too so that's what I expect to happen. Just maybe conference would have been more his level but definitely a risk, and its our one time shot at it with the parachute payments so probably worth getting rid.

He will obviously retain the shop, hopefully as backup or for when we are leading rather than first choice.

Habergham not good enough for a title tilt for me, but Hurst seems to quite like him, not sure if he will try and resign him.

Coke has played fairly well but we need someone who contributes more going forward in my opinion, but as a squad player yes and he will be cheap so he's quite likely to be retained.

Clifton has done enough to be retained as a squad player I would have thought, his attitude is first rate and his versatility is exceptional as he provides backup in numerous areas.

Hendrie matete manayse will leave, probably Hewitt too.

Scannell will surely be paid off. Also morais obviously.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 97
Bigdog
April 20, 2021, 11:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Harry Haddock
I'd like to see what Khouri and Jackson can do with some regular game time

Underestimate the Conference at your peril. We only finished fourth last time, even with Bogle, Amond, Nsiala, Nolan, Disley and Tait in our side. Khouri will be loaned out to NLN and Jackson will not be retained..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 97
forza ivano
April 20, 2021, 11:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Bigdog

Agree. He will be in charge. Had an open mind when he returned. My assessment is that he's been very disappointing. Didn't like him slagging off the existing squad in December. Cost us any new manager bounce. Didn't address lack of pace up front in the window and took him months to address lack of pace in our back line. Left us with only one option and that was to play anti-football to get us out of trouble. No flexibility at all yet he signed eleven players. Eleven players and only three of them have been any good, Matete, Menayese and Coke.

Hurst will seem the safe option, but I fear safe will never get us back in the EFL..

not like you to be factually incorrect, but he was playing Hewitt and Menayese by the beginning of February, so weeks rather than months.
Think you are being a bit unfair on Eastwood and the Shop who have also improved the squad. He was also unlucky with several of his signings getting injured, before we could tell if they were any good.
imho he has improved us as a team - we look fitter, more together as a team, more organised, more defensively solid and a bit more of a threat up front.
One thing i think we can agree on - we will probabaly know the answer to our discussion within the next 6 - 9 months, because as Ginny says, he will definitely need to hit the ground running
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › who will be in the team in 6 months time?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.