Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,989
Gold Stars: 507
Okay then gentleman, back to proper football
we have to beat Morecambe

all hoping for a Southend away win at Colchester
Draw would be acceptable
A Colchester win and i dont think it matters one iota what we do, 7 points adrift with 4 to go just wont happen

perform as we did on Saturday and we stand a chance, Morecambe- bloody morecambe- Clearly a very good side, score lots of goals, and full credit to them
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
April 20, 2021, 9:37am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Don't know why but I've got a feeling there's still value in finishing above Southend.

Could be a final twist in the season, strange times.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 20, 2021, 9:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,985
Gold Stars: 283
I've struggled to decide what would be the best result for us in the Southend v Colchester game. If we get beaten a draw is the best we can hope for.

But, a win for us and Southend closes the gap and we still have a game in hand.

I suspect that it'll be a draw down in Essex, one of those tense battles that only vaguely look like football.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
supertown
April 20, 2021, 10:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
If we don’t catch Colchester it doesn’t matter if we catch Southend, need Southend to win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Zmariner
April 20, 2021, 10:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
We need Southend to win, we will certainly need 2 away wins from three out of Cambridge Exeter and Oldham as well as a minimum. Also add to that the home games both must be won. We blew this in the home games against Stevenage Southend Colchester in Walsall plus the late Equalisers against Salford and Carlisle.  I hate it but it is easier to accept our fate utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
DB
April 20, 2021, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Don't know about super league but it's Super Tuesday for me. We have to win and a Southend win would help the cause. After Saturday's excellent show it's more of the same please, however, Hurst did say in his pre-match interview that Hendrie was more than likely out and Coke was 50/50. Can't wait to see what team he puts out. Clifton at RB with Spokes in mid-field. Khouri did well but seemed to run out of steam in the second half, so we might see Lamy in. Williams is still out ill so I wonder who will be added to the subs bench?

Hopefully, Morecombe tired themselves out in their 4 - 3 win over Oldham so It's another win for me and the start of our recovery. I'm keeping positive staying up with my heart overruling my brain.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
RonMariner
April 20, 2021, 12:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,005
Gold Stars: 216
Wins for us and Southend tonight will close things up nicely,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
sonofmadeleymariner
April 20, 2021, 12:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Southend and us both need to win. We'd all take a draw between Southend and Colchester, but we really need Southend to step up and hope we're not going to go another 5 games without a win.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Limerick Mariner
April 20, 2021, 12:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 131
We need to do our bit and hope results fall our way to take it to the last day. I think the best we can hope for is that a win at Cambridge with a Colchester draw or loss keeps us up. Hopefully, Cambridge will be already up and performing as we did in the FA Trophy final v Halfax...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
April 20, 2021, 1:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from promotion plaice

Don't know why but I've got a feeling there's still value in finishing above Southend.

Could be a final twist in the season, strange times.

Couldn't agree more. A town win and a Southend win though for me.
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › tonights Big games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.