Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 19, 2021, 1:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry but wrong. Fergie played 4-4-2 until around 2003. His latter success was done with variations of 4-3-3. He changed his style and method as football changed. It wasn’t just down to having a different assistant.

You might be right. I can’t remember the exact timelines.
😀

Ferguson transitioned from his beloved 442 when Queiroz was apponted as coach in 2002. Ferguson overruled Queiroz and went for broke against Real Madrid in the 4-3 ‘Brazilian Ronaldo hat-trick match’, with Solskjær and RVN up front in a 442.

Queiroz took the Real job, got sacked, Ferguson took him back and United became a pragmatic monster using the 433 variants you mention.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
golfer
April 19, 2021, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Hollowhead applying - willing to buy into the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 19, 2021, 5:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
How can it be classed as a ‘super league’ when only 3 countries have teams represented.

What they should do is get every European country to enter their league champions and have a midweek competition. Maybe add 2/3/4 placed teams in the more developed leagues and call this competition, wait for it, ‘the champions league’

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
DB
April 19, 2021, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
He is paid up to £20million in compensation for failing. This is an obscene amount of money paid to him by one of the new super league clubs.

It is disgusting that this sort of money is handed over when he achieved nothing. Overpaid, overrated, and a has been. Why do these clubs bring in foreign managers and not use British talent? These clubs are where they are now because it is British managers that took them by the scruff of the neck and put them onto the road to wealth.

These old British managers were paid nowhere near the likes of Mourinho and stayed with the clubs for years not months. I think Bill Nicholson would turn in his grave the way Spurs are in this present age.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
golfer
April 19, 2021, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
How can it be classed as a ‘super league’ when only 3 countries have teams represented.

What they should do is get every European country to enter their league champions and have a midweek competition. Maybe add 2/3/4 placed teams in the more developed leagues and call this competition, wait for it, ‘the champions league’

mmm  Why didn't they think of that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
golfer
April 19, 2021, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Foreign owners, foreign managers, foreign players - fcuck off and get foreign fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
GollyGTFC
April 19, 2021, 8:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,978
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from DB
He is paid up to £20million in compensation for failing. This is an obscene amount of money paid to him by one of the new super league clubs.

It is disgusting that this sort of money is handed over when he achieved nothing. Overpaid, overrated, and a has been. Why do these clubs bring in foreign managers and not use British talent? These clubs are where they are now because it is British managers that took them by the scruff of the neck and put them onto the road to wealth.

These old British managers were paid nowhere near the likes of Mourinho and stayed with the clubs for years not months. I think Bill Nicholson would turn in his grave the way Spurs are in this present age.

51% win ratio. I’d love a manager that much of a failure at Grimsby.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 32
aldi_01
April 20, 2021, 5:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s been clear for a while now, probably since the inception of the premier league that winning actual trophies doesn’t necessarily mean success.

Look how teams have celebrated by finishing 4th or just staying up. Jose has actually achieved things at Spurs and a win ratio plenty would die for.

No coincidence that the last two clubs he ‘failed’ at both have CEOs/owners that think they’re the big shot, that they can buy and sell and know what’s best. Spurs will spend more money getting rid of Jose than if they’d just given him the cash to buy the centre half he so desperately wanted and needed.

I suspect Jose will be made the scapegoat for Levy’s arrogance once more, the fact Levy/Spurs believe they’re part of the big six is laughable and gives you a view of how Levy views the club. One league cup and one non appearance in a champions league final...

People can talk about the sum of money for getting sacked being grossly inflated but football is to blame, they created that and if that’s his contract then so be it. You can see some truth in the story that he refused to train and whatever people’s opinions are of Jose, he is still one of the most successful managers in the game. He also improved Spurs’ best two players...I’m sure Levy will take the credit for that too.

I like PH but when Jose is brought in by Stockwood and Pettit I won’t be disappointed...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
KingstonMariner
April 20, 2021, 8:42am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Apparently it's all OK. Real Madrid's chairman said it will "help football at all levels."

"Football is the only global sport in the world with more than four billion fans and our responsibility as big clubs is to respond to their desires,"

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
Garth
April 20, 2021, 10:25am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26

Will be renamed The World Series as Americans do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mourinho Sacked

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.