2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Iknowyoursecret
April 16, 2021, 11:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
I understand by a reliable board member that by changing it to a private company Mr Parker doesn’t get a brass farthing back.The Take over panel will not allow this to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
KingstonMariner
April 16, 2021, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret
I understand by a reliable board member that by changing it to a private company Mr Parker doesn’t get a brass farthing back.The Take over panel will not allow this to happen.

Is he a Monopoly board member, because what you were told makes no sense. Or you’ve misunderstood what you were told.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
pen penfras
April 17, 2021, 8:42am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71

You mean he doesn't get a mandatory offer at the same rate as which they purchased Fenty's shares, nor does anybody else. But since Parker is needed to get that decision over the line, then you would assume that both he and the new owners have been in contact and working, at least to some degree, together.

Parker would still own shares, and they would still be worth something, but probably not what he paid for them. New shares look to be taken off the market, so market value will be able to be determined by the value of the company rather than what people have been paying for them in the last few months.

It's the sensible thing to do from an owner's perspective, they have more freedom to do what they want with less information in the public eye, which has the potential to cause problems from misunderstanding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
moosey_club
April 17, 2021, 9:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Is he a Monopoly board member, because what you were told makes no sense. Or you’ve misunderstood what you were told.

He said "reliable board member" .......that should have identified it to everyone as b0ll0cks.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
KingstonMariner
April 17, 2021, 9:37am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I disagree with the point on not being so open. It is only open to misunderstanding if you communicate poorly. It’s worse when there is less information on display because people are more likely to read between the lines. Plenty of successful plc out there who don’t suffer from misunderstanding.

Besides 1878 have said they want transparency.

It’s probably the extra bureaucracy of a plc that is inappropriate for a company the size of GTFC.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Iknowyoursecret
April 17, 2021, 10:04am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from moosey_club

He said "reliable board member" .......that should have identified it to everyone as b0ll0cks.

The mariners trust board must be aware who it is by now.It’s no secret who’s it is.Ask the reporter who first brought the may story in december.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
pen penfras
April 17, 2021, 10:12am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71

The mariners trust board must be aware who it is by now.It’s no secret who’s it is.Ask the reporter who first brought the may story in december.

Does it matter who it is when it's wrong?

If the trust members were against May being involved, then they probably should have voted against his investment. The statement said it was unanimously in favour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
forza ivano
April 17, 2021, 10:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pen penfras

You mean he doesn't get a mandatory offer at the same rate as which they purchased Fenty's shares, nor does anybody else. But since Parker is needed to get that decision over the line, then you would assume that both he and the new owners have been in contact and working, at least to some degree, together.

Parker would still own shares, and they would still be worth something, but probably not what he paid for them. New shares look to be taken off the market, so market value will be able to be determined by the value of the company rather than what people have been paying for them in the last few months.

It's the sensible thing to do from an owner's perspective, they have more freedom to do what they want with less information in the public eye, which has the potential to cause problems from misunderstanding.

Disinformation methinks. There is no 'market' in GTFC shares - you buy them for a pound a share and you would sell them for a pound a share (unless 2 parties came to a private agreement) and have done for years. Incidentally there is no evidence, as far as i can see, that shares will be taken off the market; in fact given the partnership's professed ethos, that one could see a scenario where they would actively promote shares being available for supporters to purchase.
Your last sentence is probably correct, but given Stockwood's history and the fact that he wants GTFC to have Bcorp staus it's an extremely unlikely scenario.careful Pen Penfras, others less charitable than myself could accuse you of spreading false truths and disinformation.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Private limited company

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.