diehardmariner
April 20, 2021, 2:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,546
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from DB

If you use this logic then Liverpool home fans are no better than Fulham or Brighton fans, yet I recall Klopp saying some months ago how they miss the buzz that the Kop gives his team. In some of our away games the home fans are nearly outnumbered by our travelling fans. Those home fans would be of little use to their team as opposed to the number of travelling fans Town take.

To repeat myself why are you being negative to our home fans. They always cheer, sing, etc. better than any travelling fans the opposition bring. I would have thought that you would have wanted any positive actions to urge the team on.

I see you picked on LJL, not Macca or Clifton. I did not praise LJL but merely used him as an example, as is Macca and Clifton, who used to play in front of crowds at BP; so they could tell the others about the atmosphere they have missed.

But the Liverpool fans aren't any better than those at Brighton or Fulham are they?  Just like how our fans aren't any better than those of Bradford or Leyton Orient or any other club.  We like to think they are, but they're really not.  I'm not saying our fans aren't good, they're bloody ace but so are fans of every other club in the country.  

As Abdul points out, for your belief that are our fans are such an influence at home, why have we lost more games at home than we've won for 75% of our time back in the Football League?

Just because Klopp or Wilder say their fans would have made a difference, it doesn't mean it's true.  It's their opinion and you could argue their excuse for poor seasons.  

We aren't rock bottom because we've not had fans in.  We're rock bottom because we've been excrement for most of the season.

I wasn't picking on LJL.  I was laughing at your suggestion that he would be telling his team-mates about the great support.

"Yeah, it's great with the fans in here.  They were dead supportive when I missed an open goal.  At no point have I done a celebration with both ears cupped to my own fans...."

Blundell Park is largely soulless/toxic.  You could probably argue that for most grounds.  The nature of the home stands don't lend itself to an atmosphere, which is why it's rare to hear one.  But what you can hear is people moaning and grumbling when the chips are down.  In a season like this one, where we're incredibly poor and with a hate-hate relationship towards the board I can't for the life of me imagine that would be a motivating place to play football.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
KingstonMariner
April 20, 2021, 5:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
In the interest of balance Lennie did the double-ear cupping at least once away. After he scored a penalty at Dartford. I was one of the deserved targets of the gesture.

He won the penalty through sheer dogged persistence and when it was obvious that he was going to take the penalty a collective groan ‘oh no anyone but him’  was heard. I think that was the start of his scoring spree. 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lost Points

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.