Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If a picture paints a thousand words...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 228 Guests

If a picture paints a thousand words...

This thread currently has 5,828 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 12, 2021, 8:12pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
[img]https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article5285604.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_Bradford-City-v-Grimsby-TownSky-Bet-League-2.jpg[/img]

Two players trying to calm one player down who shows no professional qualities at any point.

One player walking away, having being assaulted, and not reacting, showing what we should expect from an experienced professional.

I know which one I would want playing in our team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
TonySmith
April 12, 2021, 8:52pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +964
Gold Stars: 11
  I agree, and it's no excuse, but wouldn't you love to know what was said between the two of them before it happened? Paul Hurst definitely implied that both were in the wrong. Morais was subbed at half time too, don't forget. I also think it's unfortunate it happened right on half time. At any other point of the game words would have been exchanged in private ( if at all ) and no one outside the dressing room would even know about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
moosey_club
April 12, 2021, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Upto Hurst to sort out.

Its happened , no point trying to do an autopsy as we will never know what was said by either party.

I think popular opinion is Morais was in the right ....... but obviously Hurst has more thoughts , potential codes of conduct to consider.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
HertsGTFC
April 12, 2021, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
I wonder what the mood was like in training this morning.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
Stew0_0
April 13, 2021, 12:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
I would almost guarantee that Morais was only having a go at Payne because of his lack of effort to chase the lost cause and show some fight for the team. In fact it was something every town fan watching was saying whilst watching him throw his hands in the air like a sulky child. And for it Filipe gets assaulted.

Dont expect Stefan to be near the team now till the end of the season then he can take his anger problems elsewhere when his contract is not renewed.

What annoys me most is that it seems Morais is being treated the same. Like hes the big brother who should no better, when he's the one with the attitude we need during this relegation fight.

Hope Hurst takes a more balanced response on this after calming down and considering the situation further
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2021, 12:20am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
We don't know what happened in the dressing room. That Bradford Argus(?) article implied there might have been some damage. So maybe some temper by Felipe? (Not you Notches).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
arryarryarry
April 13, 2021, 3:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TonySmith
  I agree, and it's no excuse, but wouldn't you love to know what was said between the two of them before it happened? Paul Hurst definitely implied that both were in the wrong. Morais was subbed at half time too, don't forget. I also think it's unfortunate it happened right on half time. At any other point of the game words would have been exchanged in private ( if at all ) and no one outside the dressing room would even know about it.

According to my contact Morais had a moan at Payne for not chasing his pass down the line, Payne moaned back that he wanted it to feet and so it carried on with a lot of effing this and effing that until it ended in the meeting of foreheads.

It then carried on as they walked half the length of the pitch towards the dressing room with I believe Coke, Hanson and McKewan getting involved with some pushing and shoving.  
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
thefish
April 13, 2021, 7:09am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from arryarryarry

According to my contact Morais had a moan at Payne for not chasing his pass down the line, Payne moaned back that he wanted it to feet and so it carried on with a lot of effing this and effing that until it ended in the meeting of foreheads.

It then carried on as they walked half the length of the pitch towards the dressing room with I believe Coke, Hanson and McKewan getting involved with some pushing and shoving.  

Your contact watched the highlights then!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 13, 2021, 7:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
Payne's body language in this photo is the body language of the dimwit in the pub who's just had his pint spilled and despite the apology is ready to fight with anybody daft enough to get involved.

You can just hear him saying 'come on then, I'll have you.....'

What a c*ck.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
HertsGTFC
April 13, 2021, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Stew0_0
I would almost guarantee that Morais was only having a go at Payne because of his lack of effort to chase the lost cause and show some fight for the team. In fact it was something every town fan watching was saying whilst watching him throw his hands in the air like a sulky child. And for it Filipe gets assaulted.

Dont expect Stefan to be near the team now till the end of the season then he can take his anger problems elsewhere when his contract is not renewed.

What annoys me most is that it seems Morais is being treated the same. Like hes the big brother who should no better, when he's the one with the attitude we need during this relegation fight.

Hope Hurst takes a more balanced response on this after calming down and considering the situation further

I think Hurst will deal with this fairly and properly, there is no reason to suspect why he wouldn't.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If a picture paints a thousand words...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.