3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
April 10, 2021, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Today started with euphoria with the beginning of the end of Fenty. Team news looked good with an attacking lineup and Colchester losing last night was certainly a boost, what could go wrong?

We started good enough and matched Bradford, Matete played well until his miss header wrong-footed our defence gifting them a goal. Still, all was not lost and heads didn't drop even though it was more huff and puff in the last third, rather than having a go at goal.

What the hell happened between Payne and Morais. Do it in the dressing room, in the bus home but not under the ref's nose. One was supposed to be a senior professional and the other a complete ars ole. They both let down their teammates, club, and fans. A total disgrace to all. Hurst can sign players, coach them and give out the tactics, but once they've crossed the line actions like Payne and Morais are down to themselves. We don't need either of them, an old has been and a young hopeless beginner.

10 men second half and Town match Bradford. Clifton put himself about and was my MOM but failure again to score cost us dearly. We missed the 11th man and only two can be blamed for that. The effort the 10 put in was 100% and couldn't be faulted. If only that commitment had been there a few weeks ago.

From Hurst's post-match on RH I got the impression he would like the season to stop tomorrow. As he said on his appointment the clubs a mess and sooner, rather than later, he wants to cut the crap adrift.

Mathematically we live on but another game with more points dropped. Roll on Bolton and 3 points, I hope.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
April 10, 2021, 7:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Yes we lost but the lads held their own even when we went down to ten men against what I thought was one of the poorest teams we've played this season.

Unfortunately though the game will only be remembered for one moment of madness.

No prizes for guessing who's going to win the next "Twit of the Week"

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Abdul19
April 10, 2021, 8:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,514
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from DB
a young hopeless beginner.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
promotion plaice
April 10, 2021, 8:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Abdul19

Everyone is young when you get to our age  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
moosey_club
April 10, 2021, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Positives - Hurst tried something different
Defence looked relatively solid.
Hewit and Menayese generally comfortable but both guilty of just pushing out rather than staying with players for their goal.
We may now never see Payne in the shirt again

Negatives - one decent effort on goal
Payne out probably means Green in
Another chance wasted to gain points

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
ginnywings
April 10, 2021, 8:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Ultimately, we can't win games of football. Other sides, and that includes Bradford today, seem to find a way to win even when they don't look any better than us. Don't think i have seen a team this season who look a notch above the rest of the league but they manage to keep picking up points and we don't. It's been a problem for years and looks like it's again going to cost us our league status.

You reap what you sow and we have got to this point from lack of investment, lack of vision and a lack of urgency. This has been coming for the last 4 seasons and the die was cast when the present board decided in their wisdom to take an axe to last season's squad and not bother with replacing any of them with players of sufficient quality.

We've had enough chances over the last 10 games to pick up enough points to get us up the table, but the glaring lack of quality in the final third is massively evident. Is that the fault of PH, or the culmination of poor stewardship since he left for Shrewsbury?

I think it's the latter personally and PH has done as much as he could be expected to do given the mess he was presented with. We have been competitive in every single game for the last couple of months and with a bit more luck and some calm heads, we could be out of the bottom 2 now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
RonMariner
April 10, 2021, 9:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
It's about over I would say.

34 points with just 6 games to go. A 7 point and goal diff deficit.

We need 3 wins just to overtake Colchester's current points total.

I would imagine we would need a minimum of 46 points to stay up. 4 wins then.

I just cant see it.

Hurst will be here next season, that is clear. But the squad needs an almost total rebuild. Cant think of more than 3 or 4 players worth keeping, even if we go down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 10, 2021, 9:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from promotion plaice

No prizes for guessing who's going to win the next "Twit of the Week"

Euro 2024 ringpiece Philipp Lahm?

[url]https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/08/bigger-more-diverse-european-super-league-can-enrich-football-philipp-lahm[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
HarrogateMariner
April 10, 2021, 9:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
I agree -I think that is about it. Really difficult game next that I can't see us getting anything from.

I feel for a few of the players as a small group have been consistently good over the past couple of months, and defensively we are not a relegation team. But we simply don't create anything at all. The chances of coming back to win from one down are virtually none.

For what it is worth, I thought Hendrie had a great game today, Hewitt and Meyannese as strong as ever and Coke was solid again. Not sure if he is injured but I feel Metete is not playing to the standards he did when he first arrived. Williams was ok, front 2 completely ineffective, as was Moralis in my opinion. Though Clifton was excellent second half and should start.

With the takeover now looking like it will be completed,  whether people like it or not Hurst will be manager next season. Some will argue that it's not over until it is impossible, but I can't help but think now about preparations for new season in the conference with Hurst in charge.

Of the squad today I feel very few will be here next season. Macca, John-Lewis probably only certainties. I would imagine Hurst will want to keep Hewitt and Meyannese but I'm sure both will find league clubs. I would also keep Clifton, his energy, workrate, versatility makes him ideal for that league. Beyond that I think the rest may be gone, I maybe would keep Harbergham, full pre season and I think he could be a good player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Marinerdeano
April 10, 2021, 10:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +459
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
I agree -I think that is about it. Really difficult game next that I can't see us getting anything from.

I feel for a few of the players as a small group have been consistently good over the past couple of months, and defensively we are not a relegation team. But we simply don't create anything at all. The chances of coming back to win from one down are virtually none.

For what it is worth, I thought Hendrie had a great game today, Hewitt and Meyannese as strong as ever and Coke was solid again. Not sure if he is injured but I feel Metete is not playing to the standards he did when he first arrived. Williams was ok, front 2 completely ineffective, as was Moralis in my opinion. Though Clifton was excellent second half and should start.

With the takeover now looking like it will be completed,  whether people like it or not Hurst will be manager next season. Some will argue that it's not over until it is impossible, but I can't help but think now about preparations for new season in the conference with Hurst in charge.

Of the squad today I feel very few will be here next season. Macca, John-Lewis probably only certainties. I would imagine Hurst will want to keep Hewitt and Meyannese but I'm sure both will find league clubs. I would also keep Clifton, his energy, workrate, versatility makes him ideal for that league. Beyond that I think the rest may be gone, I maybe would keep Harbergham, full pre season and I think he could be a good player.

I think Spokes cdajatl. I'd also keep Coke and Jackson (see if he can properly prove himself at a more sensible level). Hendrie too but can't see him staying, along with obvious ones like Matete.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.