Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty win percentage in the league.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 183 Guests

Fenty win percentage in the league.

This thread currently has 4,008 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
April 10, 2021, 11:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,512
Gold Stars: 215
Since returning to the Football League:

P 215
W 65
D 55
L 95
Points 250 (1.16 ppg)
GD -73

About 700 players, 23 managers, 1 majority shareholder.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
jamesgtfc
April 10, 2021, 11:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
What is clear is that he doesn't seem to learn. We got away with it in 2009 and followed it up with relegation in 2010. It was clear that we were nosediving under Slade and again, we got away with it yet here we are again.

I accept that sometimes appointments go wrong but it's happened too many times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
ginnywings
April 11, 2021, 12:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Abdul19
Since returning to the Football League:

P 215
W 65
D 55
L 95
Points 250 (1.16 ppg)
GD -73

About 700 players, 23 managers, 1 majority shareholder.

Succinct, to the point and unequivocal.

There's no arguing with that evidence and I doubt it was much better pre non league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
RichMariner
April 11, 2021, 12:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,140
Gold Stars: 209
Fenty, like the managers he/the board appoints, cannot control what the players do when they cross that white line. Similarly, he cannot control what the managers do when they take their place in the dugout, in the office or on the training ground.

However, as the major shareholder ('principle funder') he is responsible and accountable for what this football club achieves. If we were a fan-owned club, the fans would be responsible.

Fenty can't literally control everything but then no 'big boss' does. They appoint people who they think can deliver success for them. It's ultimately their judgment that's measured, and their ability to create a culture of trust, communication and inspiration.

Sadly, over the best part of two decades, Fenty has come up well short in all three areas. He's presided over the worst period in the club's 140+ year history, and (because I know he likes us to get our fact right) that is one fact he'll never be able to escape.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
KingstonMariner
April 11, 2021, 1:07am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I wasn’t aware that John Fenty has ever managed our football team in the football league?

Enlighten me ?

You fcuking wouldn’t know when you’ve been enlightened.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
RonMariner
April 11, 2021, 11:08am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,534
Gold Stars: 224
Looking at the NL figures included above we averaged 1.66 ppg, equivalent to 76.5 points per season.

Given that the first season and a half of the six years we were down there were mid table mediocrity under Woods, Hurst's average must be not far off 80 points per season. He got us in the play offs four seasons running.

I suspect that running a club under such a penny pinching owner must have been like trying to play golf with one hand tied behind your back. The fact that we lost three of our best players, all player of the year winners, to Hartlepool shows just how poor the budgets must have been despite the BS we were told about how competitive they were.

Fact is, I can only remember us making one significant investment in a transfer fee, £50k for Bogle, and that was after the supporters  chipped in over £100k to fund operation promotion. Of course 18 months later we got our money back 16 times over.  Which shows the value of investing in good players.  

Despite the financial restraints Hurst signed players while we were in the NL that would walk into the current team, Amond, Bogle, Disley, Nolan, Toto, Magney, Robertson, Arnold, the list goes on.

So I think that, with the right financial backing from the new owners, he is more than capable of assembling a competitive squad.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
Yoda
April 11, 2021, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
I knew the figures back in the league were not good but they are shocking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
FishOutOfWater
April 12, 2021, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No, he hasn’t managed the team. But he has managed the budget. Some will say he’s saved the club, some will say his prudence has put us behind the curve.

Yeah but.... it was always competitive. Allegedly  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 28
GollyGTFC
April 12, 2021, 5:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,991
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
I wasn’t aware that John Fenty has ever managed our football team in the football league?

Enlighten me ?

He took the credit when he was carried from the pitch at Bournemouth. He was on the pitch at Wembley after we beat FGR and returned to the EFL.

Therefore he should also take the blame for all the 💩 that has been served up on his watch as “principle funder”.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty win percentage in the league.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.