Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Future of the club, what do we want?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 310 Guests

Future of the club, what do we want?

This thread currently has 7,017 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 10, 2021, 11:12am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Jason Stockwood has said once the takeover is completed he will be seeking a broader conversation with all supporters about the future of the club.

Where do you start after the mess they have been left with?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
GTFCNiles
April 10, 2021, 11:24am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
Hopefully a return of our once great reputation, enabling us to attract talent again, away from the penny pinching antics that Fenty brought.

Improvement in training facilities and development towards a community stadium that we can be proud of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
Jarmo.Is.God
April 10, 2021, 11:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Training facilities is a huge one IMO.

Ours is currently a field with a tiny building in the middle of nowhere with regards motorway access etc.

This is the place players and staff spend 5/6 days a week at, its  a huge selling point for players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
TownSNAFU5
April 10, 2021, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
The available financial are the key to what we can do.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
GollyGTFC
April 10, 2021, 11:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
My Top 10 wish list...

1. Cheaper season ticket/match ticket prices for under 18s and families.

2. Better match day experience (improve catering & toilet facilities etc..)

3. Improved online ticket sales (e-Tickets to avoid queuing to collect tickets)

4. New stadium confirmed with timeline for delivery set out.

5. Treating fans with respect rather than a cash cow to milk.

6 .Improved training facilities (possibly new training ground along A180 corridor to make more convenient for players)

7. Improved treatment of employees (GTFC have reputation among players as a bad club to work for)

8. Commitment to have no betting sponsorship at GTFC and object to Sky Bet deal in EFL meetings.

9. Commitment to only having proof read Club Statements issued within office hours (i.e. not at half past midnight)

10. John Fenty to be executed on the pitch prior to first home game in National League if we are relegated this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 54
promotion plaice
April 10, 2021, 11:47am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from GollyGTFC
My Top 10 wish list...

6 .Improved training facilities (possibly new training ground along A180 corridor to make more convenient for players)

7. Improved treatment of employees (GTFC have reputation among players as a bad club to work for)

8. Commitment to have no betting sponsorship at GTFC and object to Sky Bet deal in EFL meetings.

9. Commitment to only having proof read Club Statements issued within office hours (i.e. not at half past midnight)

10. John Fenty to be executed on the pitch prior to first home game in National League if we are relegated this season.

Think you got your wish list upside down  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
GollyGTFC
April 10, 2021, 11:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from promotion plaice

Think you got your wish list upside down  

And maybe remove the proviso that we have to be relegated for it to happen as well?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 54
Roast Em Bobby
April 10, 2021, 11:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
I don't think the new owners will start spunking loads of cash about, and I'm fine with that. An end to the penny pinching false economy approach, and showing a modicum of ambition/funding to genuinley improve all aspects of the club year-on-year would be fine by me.

It would also be nice to have a core group of players that you feel an affinity with, rather than a revolving door of loan players and 12 month contracts and total squad overhauls every year. I know many on here don't agree, but I think Hurst has proved previously that he can deliver year-on-year improvements (granted, sometimes only marginal) and build a squad that fans do have an affinity with. I'd give him a 3 year contract, put an end to all the knee-jerk reactions we see on here, and have a sensible plan for progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
thevera
April 10, 2021, 11:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GollyGTFC
My Top 10 wish list...

Regarding point 6 why not situate our training ground somewhere around the start of the M180 near Doncaster? That would put an end to the excuse that new players turn us down because we are out on a limb. If set up right they would only have to come to BP on match days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2021, 12:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
In no specific order I’d like to see on the next 3 to 5 years,

- Proper training ground in an accessible location

- final decision on a new ground, if it’s not doable just face into it and do what we can with BP as a last resort

- A playing budget that makes us competitive instead of a “competitive budget”.  

- Back room Resource at a level that makes us competitive

- Decent toilets and catering at BP

- Improved ticketing system on line & on the day

- Fairer ticketing deals for families, OAPs, shift workers and exiles and a commitment to 5 games a season where U16s go free with a paying adult.

- A proper far reaching community programme supporting & engaging those who need it rather than being used as a tool for young player recruitment

- Proper supporter engagement including a full CRM proposition and free membership scheme

- On the day experience to be unweighted, the fan zone will help

- A new shirt every 2 years as people forking out annually has driven revenue but some people can’t afford it.

- Professional PR and a full revision of the clubs media

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Future of the club, what do we want?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.