July 20, 2021, 9:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
So fosters voles is a euphemism?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 81
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 21, 2021, 5:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,814
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I think he moved back to Middlesbrough in about 2000 and commuted in for the rest of his spell at Town and stayed at Tony Gallimore's when he needed to stay down in Grimsby overnight.

When did the grosvenor turn into a b&b

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 81
White_shorts
July 30, 2021, 3:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -624
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from moosey_club

I know for sure that a local resident spray painted a couple of pigeons with a rattle can and took a grainy photo as evidence.

Really? A dodgy blurred photo was able to stop the development? The club should have made a stronger appeal.

I wonder if the Grimsby West objectors will try a similar trick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 81
Simon
July 30, 2021, 5:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from moosey_club

Which again was underhand b0ll0cks, I know for sure that a local resident spray painted a couple of pigeons with a rattle can and took a grainy photo as evidence.
More galling for me is the later behaviours of the Parish Council who were showed up for what they are with the long running public disputes and in fighting they had over their village hall. Absolutely pathetic that such small minded petty people had such a massive influence on what was a huge opportunity for the town/area.

I live in the village and was all for the new stadium at the time, went to two meetings to voice my support but was just shot down in flames even had dog excrement posted through my letterbox  

The village has been raped for years by housing developers, they came in built houses and fooked off with all the profit and the village gained nothing, no disrespect to the parish council but talk about being short sighted ffs couldn't make it up unless someone was getting a nice brown envelope

Back to the new ground, my idea was to work with the club not against them, gain something out of the development for the village something like a village green and kids playground, access to the clubs facilities such as meeting rooms which would have saved 650k on a giant cattle shed, access to the gym, bars etc, by working with the club and not against on match day there is only one road in Great Coates so a barrier at either end and a couple of stewards only letting villagers with residents parking passes would have solved the parking concerns

Honestly it was easy, no need for all the hurdles so no wonder Sutton Estates saw their bottom and booted them out the reading rooms  

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 81
Simon
July 30, 2021, 5:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Oh and i enjoy wildlife photography, walk round the fields between Gt Coates and Healing all the time, never seen a golden plover  

Do see them on the bank nr Novartis ........ just saying

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 81
rancido
July 31, 2021, 2:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Simon
Oh and i enjoy wildlife photography, walk round the fields between Gt Coates and Healing all the time, never seen a golden plover  

Do see them on the bank nr Novartis ........ just saying

You can blame Natural England for the Golden Plover situation. But to be fair the proposed site wasn't that far from Novartis and that is a very short notice distance for birds that are used to migrating 100's of miles. Sutton Estates never actually agreed to sell the land so it was all a non-starter anyway, except in JF's mind.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 81
mimma
July 31, 2021, 2:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
From what I remember, there was an agreement in place to sell or rent the land, but it was dependent on getting planning permission first. You don't buy the land first before you get planning permission.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 81
rancido
July 31, 2021, 2:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mimma
From what I remember, there was an agreement in place to sell or rent the land, but it was dependent on getting planning permission first. You don't buy the land first before you get planning permission.

From all the documentation that I have seen in the public domain, concerning that parcel of land, Sutton Estates never committed themselves either way. They merely said that it would be looked into and considered. There was never an agreement verbally or in writing.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 81
mimma
July 31, 2021, 4:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
The club would have had some sort of agreement, after all, you don't just announce that you intend to build on land owned by someone else unless they are in agreement with the proposal in the first place. Remember, Sutton Estates did not contest the stadium complex.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 81
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2021, 5:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
The club would have had some sort of agreement, after all, you don't just announce that you intend to build on land owned by someone else unless they are in agreement with the proposal in the first place. Remember, Sutton Estates did not contest the stadium complex.

You would think so. Maybe the first time it was taken to the council in what 2000/2001. But later it was under Fenty’s control, and we know what an incompetent track record he had with the club. Apart from successfully making a personal profit out of it I mean.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Great Coates site

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.