9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
realist
April 10, 2021, 9:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
It was a half hearted attempt and the backers soon pulled out.
The council ultimately has to take a side and there will be a loser, why was this a wrong decision?
We could do with some more strong councillors to stop the never ending development south of the town and move it to the west.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 81
Humbercod
April 10, 2021, 9:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Pleased Great Coates never happened, crap location.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 81
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 10, 2021, 9:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,196
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from ginnywings
Glad it fell through. Who the fook wants to go to Great Coates to watch the Mariners? Not me.

As opposed to the current match day experience? Watching sh*t football in a decrepit ground that you get to by travelling through an area twinned with Aleppo.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 81
aldi_01
April 10, 2021, 9:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

As opposed to the current match day experience? Watching sh*t football in a decrepit ground that you get to by travelling through an area twinned with Aleppo.

I’d take a trip to Blundell Park or any other stadium situated as such than an out of town breezeblock shed.

Colchester, worst away experience in the league. Bolton isn’t much better...Shrewsbury, similar. Great Coates would’ve been a horrible experience...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 81
moosey_club
April 10, 2021, 10:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from rancido

It was actually a variety of bird called a Golden Plover that had been seen using the proposed site for roosting. The fact that when disturbed the birds could fly to an adjacent site was completely ignored by Natural England (?). The club were also expected to buy an equivalent area to set aside to replace the lost roosting site. Then Network Rail got in on the act and said the club would have to stump up £1 million to upgrade Great Coates Station to cope with the increased passenger usage, which was crazy as only the Barton Train stops there. It was a complete fiasco

Which again was underhand b0ll0cks, I know for sure that a local resident spray painted a couple of pigeons with a rattle can and took a grainy photo as evidence.
More galling for me is the later behaviours of the Parish Council who were showed up for what they are with the long running public disputes and in fighting they had over their village hall. Absolutely pathetic that such small minded petty people had such a massive influence on what was a huge opportunity for the town/area.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 81
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
April 10, 2021, 2:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from rancido

I lived in Great Coates then as well. I was looking forward to a short walk up Woad Lane to the new ground on match days - how wrong I was!!

Another fascinating fact and total irrelevance was that " Livvo " was my next door but two neighbour!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 81
Perkins
April 10, 2021, 4:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7

Another fascinating fact and total irrelevance was that " Livvo " was my next door but two neighbour!

Interesting that, I always.thought he lived at love lane corner, there was always a blue BMW registration number L1VVO parked outside.
Perhaps he was visiting a."friend"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 81
rancido
April 10, 2021, 6:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96

Ah, the posh end off Station Road. I lived on Woad Lane just before the village ended.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 81
psgmariner
April 10, 2021, 7:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Perkins

Interesting that, I always.thought he lived at love lane corner, there was always a blue BMW registration number L1VVO parked outside.
Perhaps he was visiting a."friend"

And I am convinced he lived on scartho road.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 81
rancido
April 10, 2021, 7:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from psgmariner

And I am convinced he lived on scartho road.

He certainly lived in Great Coates for a while - Blackthorn Drive (?)

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Great Coates site

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.