Reply: 80 - 107
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2021, 8:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
On the basis that we’re not guaranteed to go straight back up anyway, I suppose a 12 point deduction won’t be disastrous. But Fenty is unlikely to pull the plug because he’s the one who will lose out.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 107
immariner
April 8, 2021, 8:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Cowling's business (the creditor) is in financial trouble and may be obligated to call in assets, such as the loan in the club.  As per the rumour, of course.

Is that true of companies whose debtors are part of the same group of companies? That's like me being made bankrupt and my savings account calling in the £40 I took out of it last month and put in my current account (poor analogy I know haha).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 107
Azimuth
April 8, 2021, 8:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +690
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Be interesting to see what Youngs do with their sponsorship of GTFC after this year's debacle with May....

Pretty sure I read somewhere Youngs themselves are being taken over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 107
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2021, 9:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from immariner

Is that true of companies whose debtors are part of the same group of companies? That's like me being made bankrupt and my savings account calling in the £40 I took out of it last month and put in my current account (poor analogy I know haha).

ColU might have the same owner as the other companies but might not be part of the same group, strange as it might sound. Aside from that, companies have a ‘legal existence’ of their own, and the directors or administrators have an obligation to look after the interests of the company that they are appointed to run, including doing whatever they can to pay off creditors. Legally it’s different from individuals having multiple different bank accounts because those accounts don’t have separate legal existences.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 107
promotion plaice
April 8, 2021, 9:07pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I might be making this up but when I was on the forum yesterday (?) I thought Mr Noche started a thread saying that several of Oldham’s sponsors had pulled their support.

The thread disappeared so I don’t know if Mr Noche had self-censored!

Yeah I also saw it, pretty sure Noche deleted it himself.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 107
immariner
April 8, 2021, 9:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Quoted from KingstonMariner

ColU might have the same owner as the other companies but might not be part of the same group, strange as it might sound. Aside from that, companies have a ‘legal existence’ of their own, and the directors or administrators have an obligation to look after the interests of the company that they are appointed to run, including doing whatever they can to pay off creditors. Legally it’s different from individuals having multiple different bank accounts because those accounts don’t have separate legal existences.

I read somewhere they are part of the same group of companies that include Aspire and Jobserve (not sure if there's any more). They'd just find a way of transferring the debt to another company within the group (hence the excrement analogy), so that CU owe another company and not the one going in to admin.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 107
Fillipe Noche
April 8, 2021, 9:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I posted this yesterday but then quickly deleted it.

It’s Oldham Athletic who are in big trouble. Trouble that has caused sponsors to withdraw support and insist their name is removed from their kit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 107
Fillipe Noche
April 8, 2021, 9:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from promotion plaice

Yeah I also saw it, pretty sure Noche deleted it himself.

You are absolutely correct.

I deleted it as I didn’t realise at the time that there was sensitive situation still to be resolved.

Yes it’s Oldham matey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 107
louth_in_the_south
April 8, 2021, 10:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Still hope then . This would leave them on 36 with Southend , us a game in hand but with our GD basically 3 points ahead .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twitter rumour re administration

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.