April 8, 2021, 6:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,990
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid
Colchester release statement saying the club will never go into administration

But he’s admitted selling off assets to ensure his businesses have funds if required. And we know Col U’s budget was cut back to the bone this season.

I don’t think Col U will be funded to anywhere near the same level going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 71 - 107
MarinerDevil
April 8, 2021, 6:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Poojah
Personally, I think the former is most likely and we're unlikely to receive a lifeline.

I guess you're right.  Must learn to never get sucked in by a Twitter ITK again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 107
forza ivano
April 8, 2021, 6:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
could it be  Oldham (on 48 points ,before you ask!) , they've been in financial trouble for years haven't they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 107
Theimperialcoroner
April 8, 2021, 6:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,138
Gold Stars: 102
All the lasses in Meggies will be gutted they’ll not be seeing me starkers down the prom.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 107
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 8, 2021, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from forza ivano
could it be  Oldham (on 48 points ,before you ask!) , they've been in financial trouble for years haven't they?

I might be making this up but when I was on the forum yesterday (?) I thought Mr Noche started a thread saying that several of Oldham’s sponsors had pulled their support.

The thread disappeared so I don’t know if Mr Noche had self-censored!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 107
Dan
April 8, 2021, 6:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Maybe it’s us. We’re going down anyway, Fenty loses all his money, Stockwood purchases the club for what it’s actually worth from the administrators. Everyone’s a winner.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 107
DB
April 8, 2021, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,968
Gold Stars: 386

I might be making this up but when I was on the forum yesterday (?) I thought Mr Noche started a thread saying that several of Oldham’s sponsors had pulled their support.

The thread disappeared so I don’t know if Mr Noche had self-censored!

Some of the main sponsors have pulled out, as per Oldham news 31st March saying they don't want to be involved regarding a sensitive matter. One director also resigned.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.c.....with-oldham-athletic

The article also referred to a £60k per year sponsorship being curtailed, so in the plan of club finance, it's not massive, so the club going into admin. for £30 million maybe another one!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 107
Northbank Mariner
April 8, 2021, 6:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from DB

Some of the main sponsors have pulled out, as per Oldham news 31st March saying they don't want to be involved regarding a sensitive matter. One director also resigned.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.c.....with-oldham-athletic

The article also referred to a £60k per year sponsorship being curtailed, so in the plan of club finance, it's not massive, so the club going into admin. for £30 million maybe another one!

Be interesting to see what Youngs do with their sponsorship of GTFC after this year's debacle with May....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 107
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2021, 7:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Dan
Maybe it’s us. We’re going down anyway, Fenty loses all his money, Stockwood purchases the club for what it’s actually worth from the administrators. Everyone’s a winner.

Problem with that is, the points deduction will be deducted from next season if we’re going down anyway.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twitter rumour re administration

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.