Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 110 Guests

Cheltenham (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 35,809 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
April 5, 2021, 3:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Midfield two aren't supporting our front 3 enough, at least 1 of them has got to get further forward for when we don't win the header

Seen how much ground the two of them are having to cover? They need a bit of help, I’d like to see one of the wingers on to give them a bit of support deeper.

Not a bad half against a decent team. Need a bit of luck for a win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 228
DB
April 5, 2021, 3:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Just looked at their goal again. Town should have know what was going to happen. Nobody blocked the run of Boyle, effectively a free header.

Don't know what to think about Payne, does nothing and then creates the goal, then nothing. On the whole though we are as good as them. Need a win especially as Colchester are winning.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 228
Tinymariner
April 5, 2021, 3:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
We need more skill in midfield, players getting turned in circles.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 228
Madeleymariner
April 5, 2021, 3:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Same as virtually every game this last month, start well, create a few chances, opposition tweeks their plan (Their midfield are now standing within 5 yards of their defenders for long goal/free kicks and picking up all the 2nd balls as our mid 2 are standing 15 yards further back. We had 5 I think of our defenders jumping with 2 of theirs and one gets a free header on goal and scores. I'm worried for the 2nd half as clearances wont go far but wind will make it easy for Toszer to chuck it in from anywhere in the final 3rd of the pitch. I think we will need some pace on up top as through balls should hold up and be easy to get onto.
I get a feeling though its going to be a bit of a backs to the wall job and a defeat now because as usual we couldn't get a 2nd/3rd when on top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 228
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2021, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from DB
Just looked at their goal again. Town should have know what was going to happen. Nobody blocked the run of Boyle, effectively a free header.

Don't know what to think about Payne, does nothing and then creates the goal, then nothing. On the whole though we are as good as them. Need a win especially as Colchester are winning.

The BBC web site crediting Tozer with the goal, it may has we’ll have been.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 228
Mayaman
April 5, 2021, 4:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
If nobody knew, you wouldn't think Town were bottom of the table team.   Compare this game to some in December.  It's a shame we didn't hit a bit of form earlier. I'm sure a lot of our misses and soft goals are down to how much fear the players are feeling.  That's when you make mistakes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 228
Ruston AT
April 5, 2021, 4:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +397
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from DB

Agree about payne, needs to work harder for me. Don't even think he'd be an asset in our next life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 228
promotion plaice
April 5, 2021, 4:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

Not another draw please, I'd rather lose having a go than prolong the misery.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 228
sonofmadeleymariner
April 5, 2021, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Seen how much ground the two of them are having to cover? They need a bit of help, I’d like to see one of the wingers on to give them a bit of support deeper.

Not a bad half against a decent team. Need a bit of luck for a win.

Have you seen the gap between our midfield our of strikers? Its not about how much ground they're covering. Cheltenham have got back in this game because their midifeld has dropped depp to support their CBs when we hoof the ball forward so they can scoop up the loose ball if they win the header, neither CLifton nor Matete are high enough to challenge that second ball. Our wingbacks have been pinned back because we're not winning the 2nd ball when its cleared by their CBs

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 228
sonofmadeleymariner
April 5, 2021, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Waterfall went wondering off, free header thatnk god for Macca

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 228
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.