Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long have you been here?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 341 Guests

How long have you been here?

This thread currently has 12,961 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Spidey
April 5, 2021, 12:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +363
Gold Stars: 4
May 2010 I joined, just before that ill fated Burton game that I attended with my lad, 2010 was a bit of a **** year personally. I'm not very vocal on here, but do enjoy people's views, and it's good to get other peoples opinions and rumours!!
Stand outs for me since I've been a member was being not far from Fenty when he deconstructed the Newport flag, and being in the Pontoon when Connor Townsend scored that excellent looping free kick, can someone remind me who was the opposition that day, it was a Saturday game if I remember rightly?
Saddens me to see where my club is today.
My earliest memories of Town were the George Kerr years, with Batchy, Brolly, Cummings, Bobby Mitchell, Joe Waters etc.
I've been at some memorable games and seen some top players at BP including, being a young lad in the Pontoon when Keegan was playing for Newcastle, "that" Exeter game, "that" Wrexham game, seeing a fantastic Vince Hilaire volley for Crystal Palace. That Fulham game what an atmosphere, Bonneti getting us a win when AB returned to BP with WBA. Gazza applauding us fans in the Main Stand, when warming up as a Burnley sub, seeing a young James Milner with Swindon, seeing Danny Murphy acknowledging a fantastic Stestanovic (him who got done for armed robbery)performance when he came with Fulham. Shearer getting an elbow in the mush, Charlie Nicholas hat trick, Phil Crosby scoring a fantastic chip from the left wing against Shrewsbury, many years ago and of course the play off final vs FGR, and of course the two Wembley games in the 90's. Oh and a Barnsley game many many years ago when we were 0-2 down at half time then won 3-2. God so many good memories, will we ever get any more, I hope so.
UTMM!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 119
penrith mariner
April 5, 2021, 12:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +182
Gold Stars: 7
I joined on  24th January 2012.
Dont post on here as often as I could/ should but still enjoy reading most days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 119
geir
April 5, 2021, 1:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
It seems that I joined this wonderful board December 29, 2007 at 8:46pm. But I seem to remember that I used to be on the Electronic Fishcake in some form or the other before then.
Anyways, me joining so long ago and still around here must prove that I am a real supporter of this team, in thick and thin... mostly in "thin" these last years unfortunately.
This forum is so great - I love the banter and I have learned that there is a lot of funny people here. I often laugh out loud reading some of the comments. And I must thank all those people here offering their help when I have had the need of some assistance towards different things throughout the years.
I really look forward to travel to Grimsby and Cleethorpes again when this Covid thing is over. Can not wait to watch a game live again with all the TRUE football fans in this forum. You are the very best!
UTM!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 119
FishOutOfWater
April 5, 2021, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Is that what woke up that bloke from Seattle when sed to be on the Grim Exile? Forget his username now.

It was Goalkeeper if I remember correctly?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 119
Cumbrian Mariner
April 5, 2021, 1:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +304
Joinedi March 2009 but posted much over past 12 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 119
Harry Haddock
April 5, 2021, 1:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
I've been registered for 14 years but had a different account before then on the Electronic Fishcake

Should post more often. Shame on me !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 119
FishOutOfWater
April 5, 2021, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from arryarryarry

2 days after you.

Was also on GO as well as the EF

I was on the EF as Timariner I think?

It was a long time ago to be honest  

I do remember it being such a lifeline though..... finally being able to keep in touch with all things Town after leaving home in 1980 and the only news I could usually was usually a paragraph or two in a Sunday paper if we'd played down south of Watford gap

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 96 - 119
Humbercod
April 5, 2021, 2:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82
Noticed a guy who ]posts on the telegraph website called Ipswin don’t know if same one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 119
Phisch
April 6, 2021, 10:00am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +19
Some great names and great memories on this thread, I was about occasionally on the ElectronicFishcake and Grim Outlook...some of those days out on other teams boards were great fun...some wonderful people have been met through the website mentioned, such a shame to see the state of the club now...the first Fishy meet up in the Imp was a great day/night.

Wasn't there a Canadian guy who began as a victim of an invasion and ended up posting regularly?....Kev perhaps?

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.....Me <><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 119
jonnyboy82
April 6, 2021, 10:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Nearly 11 years, got less for bigamy.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long have you been here?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.