Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long have you been here?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 352 Guests

How long have you been here?

This thread currently has 13,065 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
April 4, 2021, 5:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Who was it who produced the Lumpaldinho tee shirts? They were ace.

Not sure if they where the ones but I remember two lasses called Katie and I think Mandy? They used to have those tshirts. Nice pair of eyes to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 119
kevikov
April 4, 2021, 6:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
August 12th 2010. Been trading for a good bit before that too.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 119
supertown
April 4, 2021, 6:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
5/1/2008 . Maccabilk was my favourite poster . Poojah is my current one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 119
TownSNAFU5
April 4, 2021, 6:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
I started in the ElectronicFishcake, as TeesinYork.  For some reason I could not post on my old PC.  I had to use a mouse working a keyboard on the TV.  Took ages so only made about 2 posts.

I used to like reading Its A Grim Outlook. Some great discussions on cheese and politics.  I remember Gymgirl and some of the other very interesting posters.  

On one board there was a frequent poster from Sheffield.  He claimed to be a milionaire.  Then disappeared. There was also a professo or scientistr? who used to post a lot of academic stuff (truth and logic was one topic).

Have been on the New Fishy a long time.  Changed mu username, I think because of log-in or password issues.

Enjoy reading most posters - even if some annoy me or I disagree with their views.  We fought 2 world wars for freedom of speech.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 119
TwoLeftFeet
April 4, 2021, 6:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Was on the old electronic fishcake as LivvosLeftFoot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 119
HertsGTFC
April 4, 2021, 7:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Since 2014 I think, so that makes me a bit of a newbie.

I guess the thing that keep me coming back on is that it testifies to something I was once told “just because I don’t like it that’s doesn’t mean it’s wrong”.

As long as it doesn’t cross the boundaries of race, religion, sexuality etc.. etc... long may the free speech and opinion continue.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 119
DB
April 4, 2021, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Tommy

Funny you should mention 80s Glory. I thought to myself the other day that current poster DB reminds me a lot of 80s and that I wouldn't he surprised if it was the same person. Several similarities. This isn't a pop at DB, i actually liked 80s.

Sorry Tommy, not me, mind you I was around in the 80s, 70s,60s, and 50s. I do remember life before a keyboard with a fountain pen and a bottle of ink. Then came a brand new invention, ink in a cartridge.

Those were the days, several of them to get a letter from A to B, you don't know your born today. Type, post receiver gets it in microseconds.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 119
marinerjase
April 4, 2021, 10:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Surprised to have been included on the list of the ‘originals’ - funny what you remember though..originally posted under the name SLM (SloughMariner) - where I often crossed swords with BAWB - went in to become good mates, Grim Outlook etc since,  sat next to each other for years in Pontoon and shared the odd away trip - both of same mind and had Fenty worked out from Day 1. Both boycotted since - I’ve returned very sporadically. Got to meet/know various posters from here and elsewhere over the years - some of whom I still interact with on an offline- some of whom I avoid like the plague.

On a serious note to see the club turn into what it is now - on and off pitch - well...it’s upsetting..heart breaking ..

I ..along with others ..hoped..hope for a fresh start.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 119
Theimperialcoroner
April 4, 2021, 10:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
So is the Electronic Fishcake actually still out there in cyberspace or summats?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 119
arryarryarry
April 4, 2021, 11:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
My profile tells me I first joined on December 4, 2007, 1:01pm ( after Rivals shafted the Electronic Fishcake)

I do share my time on The Fishy now with Twitter and Facebook accounts but this is usually my go to for all things Town

UTM ATAW GTID

2 days after you.

Was also on GO as well as the EF
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long have you been here?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.