Mariner_501
April 2, 2021, 5:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Same shiit every game.
Team are terrified of winning a game. It won’t kill you chaps!
LJL one of the worst “strikers” to play over 100 games for the club.

Worst referee I have ever seen in my entire life
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 218
oochiad
April 2, 2021, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
We’re down, as I’ve accepted weeks ago. I’ll still have a moan at that fecking ref as he was clearly on their payroll....... flipping male masturbator
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 218
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2021, 5:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club
FFS.

LJL.... three good opportunities in the game to get us a vital 2nd goal and he didnt connect with any of them.....just like the one last week.

Shocking.

I like Lenny but he’s paid good  money to do better, missed chances cost us today at least we’ve started creating opportunities I suppose.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 218
louth_in_the_south
April 2, 2021, 5:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
There’s a reason he was signed from NLN at the age of 32

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 218
Bigdog
April 2, 2021, 5:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from moosey_club

The ref being sh!t had little to do with it, in fact not sending Payne off when he should have probably saved us.

Missing 3 chances , 1 a good chance, 1 a tap in , 1 a very good chance cost us the points.

Hurst probably a bit too slow to change out Payne and Lamy who both looked knackered way before they were finally hooked.

Thought it was one way traffic from 30 mins onwards. Hats off to our defence and central midfield who kept their opportunities down to a minimum. We needed a bit more retained possession and composure out wide to get us up the pitch in possession. Expected Payne to be subbed after him clapping the ref and after his cameo in the first ten minutes, Lamy gave the ball away every time. Unpopular opinion apparently preferring Williams, but that's what I saw. Only a matter of time before they scored with the possession and territory they had. Totally inept ref didn't help us either.. or LJL's composure in the box.. We can't hold out in games because we don't keep the ball, we invite pressure. Ball retention is key and Payne and Lamy failed in that respect..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 218
Northbank Mariner
April 2, 2021, 5:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Gotta say they gave their all today but Hurst leaves his substitutions far too late again.
Lamy and Payne were knackered after 60 minutes, surely Williams for Payne and Spokes for Lamy should've been made earlier?
Gauls me though how much room Toure had, Clifton bless him should've been tracking him.
Referee was atrocious and cost us a 1 n 1 with the keeper but ultimately Lenny needs to work on his shooting, his miss in the first half had been overlooked by the miss in the second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 218
Norseman
April 2, 2021, 5:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +286
Gold Stars: 48
Deleted posts calling LJL. Not his fault there was a reason he was at a mid table  NLN team. Cannot fault his effort. The manager selects him and he does his best I believe. As do we all but fortunately our shortcomings are not judged by thousands
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 218
Bigdog
April 2, 2021, 5:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Gotta say they gave their all today but Hurst leaves his substitutions far too late again.
Lamy and Payne were knackered after 60 minutes, surely Williams for Payne and Spokes for Lamy should've been made earlier?
Gauls me though how much room Toure had, Clifton bless him should've been tracking him.
Referee was atrocious and cost us a 1 n 1 with the keeper but ultimately Lenny needs to work on his shooting, his miss in the first half had been overlooked by the miss in the second half.

I think it's his fitness level. If it's not there, balance and composure go out of the window when you're blowing out of your bottom..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 218
ginnywings
April 2, 2021, 5:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
The difference between us and Barrow is they have Quigley and we have LJL. One scores regularly and the other is an honest trier who isn't a natural scorer. Can't put teams to bed when the chances come along.

Still, Colchester are not out of reach yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 218
Northbank Mariner
April 2, 2021, 5:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Bigdog

I think it's his fitness level. If it's not there, balance and composure go out of the window when you're blowing out of your bottom..

Can't agree BD...hyes missed sitters in the  first half of 3 games so far.
He was never a great goal scorer before when he was with us but I'm not saying I don't like him, he holds the front line superbly but that's not enough really is it??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 218
22 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Salford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.