Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 392 Guests

The deal

This thread currently has 43,718 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 8, 2021, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from DB

"prepare for incoming" could mean FN has done the rounds and getting his mates to join The Fishy.

That is of course assuming apart from you and the Fenty gang he has some mates.

This is all getting a bit pathetic. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and the vast majority have had enough of this turgid regime that has failed spectacularly. One top half finish in the FL, six years out of the FL and an imminent return to that status having failed to build on the goodwill of the fans by constant disengagement.

Yes, things could be worse but they could also be a hell of a lot better.
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 254
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
April 8, 2021, 2:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

This is all getting a bit pathetic. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and the vast majority have had enough of this turgid regime that has failed spectacularly. One top half finish in the FL, six years out of the FL and an imminent return to that status having failed to build on the goodwill of the fans by constant disengagement.

And then there's the catering.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 254
mimma
April 8, 2021, 2:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
Yeah, the catering, with a fish merchant in charge you would think we could get decent fish and chips in the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 254
RichMariner
April 8, 2021, 3:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
This is our longest unbeaten run in the Football League since 07/08. Think we managed 11 under Buckley III back then.

It's been seven seasons, or 13 years, since we were *this* good at *this* level!

That's the true cost of Fenty's austerity. We've also been averaging less than a goal a game over the last four seasons (162 goals in 168 games).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 223 - 254
Zmariner
April 8, 2021, 3:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sums things up very nicely. I am surprised how much time people have got to write all this stuff. I guess it is the lack of news that is killing everybody. For me the killer problem for the club next season once relegated will be in revenue. I honestly do not think that I will have anybody to go with next Season  as we stand everybody is currently out as far as season ticket goes.. I think a lot of us will continue to go but just cherry pick games. I actually wonder if we will need to classify the games With different prices for different games. I would pay £10-13 to watch Kings Lynn and that may swing me to go. Charge me £16+ And I would probably not bother unless we are near the top. This is going to be a very difficult club to run next season ,I fear ,as the diehards and I include myself in that bracket are not looking to desert but equally do not want  the commitment of going to see a moderate team. A nightmare for the owners, whoever they are to resolve  as it is very difficult to sell the national league after we have just come out of it  utm

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 254
pen penfras
April 8, 2021, 5:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Zmariner

Sums things up very nicely. I am surprised how much time people have got to write all this stuff. I guess it is the lack of news that is killing everybody. For me the killer problem for the club next season once relegated will be in revenue. I honestly do not think that I will have anybody to go with next Season  as we stand everybody is currently out as far as season ticket goes.. I think a lot of us will continue to go but just cherry pick games. I actually wonder if we will need to classify the games With different prices for different games. I would pay £10-13 to watch Kings Lynn and that may swing me to go. Charge me £16+ And I would probably not bother unless we are near the top. This is going to be a very difficult club to run next season ,I fear ,as the diehards and I include myself in that bracket are not looking to desert but equally do not want  the commitment of going to see a moderate team. A nightmare for the owners, whoever they are to resolve  as it is very difficult to sell the national league after we have just come out of it  utm

We've been told that there's thousands of fans waiting to come out of the woodwork and buy season tickets as soon as Fenty is gone. Time will tell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 254
KingstonMariner
April 8, 2021, 5:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I don’t know about coming out of the woodwork, but I bet there’s 1-2000 ready to go into the woodwork if Fenty stays.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 254
pen penfras
April 8, 2021, 5:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I don’t know about coming out of the woodwork, but I bet there’s 1-2000 ready to go into the woodwork if Fenty stays.

There have literally been people saying we'd sell out the home end every week. My opinion is that that will only happen if we're winning most weeks. And I think the majority of those fans would have turned up regardless of who was on the board. The situation seems to have changed now, and that 1-2000 would probably get us back to around our normal attendance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 254
Zmariner
April 8, 2021, 6:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from pen penfras

There have literally been people saying we'd sell out the home end every week. My opinion is that that will only happen if we're winning most weeks. And I think the majority of those fans would have turned up regardless of who was on the board. The situation seems to have changed now, and that 1-2000 would probably get us back to around our normal attendance.

My instinct is that without some real positivity, and intent for next season, the season ticket sales will be absolutely dreadful. Apathy, even among the diehards is I suspect at an all-time high. No question a winning team always fixes that but this is a Catch-22, I think the fan base will not gamble on season tickets utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 254
ska face
April 8, 2021, 6:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from pen penfras

There have literally been people saying we'd sell out the home end every week.

Another lie from an increasingly unhinged individual.

It’s the last few days of the empire, enjoy them.
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 254
26 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.