Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ex Royal Marine standing up for justice.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 34 Guests

Ex Royal Marine standing up for justice.

This thread currently has 424 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Rick12
March 27, 2021, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Hate to read this. A ex royal marine who stood up to anti social behaviour has had his house torched now for a second time.

More people that make a stand against  anti social behaviour less likely these low life will feel they can get away with it.

There's a just giving page as well included in the article to help the ex soldier.

https://www.expressandstar.com.....about-village-thugs/

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
codcheeky
March 27, 2021, 10:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12
Hate to read this. A ex royal marine who stood up to anti social behaviour has had his house torched now for a second time.

More people that make a stand against  anti social behaviour less likely these low life will feel they can get away with it.

There's a just giving page as well included in the article to help the ex soldier.

https://www.expressandstar.com.....about-village-thugs/

Pretty terrible and those responsible need charging with arson however there must be more to this than meet the eye, youths gathering together has never been illegal and kids showing off doing wheelies was pretty standard way back in the seventies when I was young, this is an English village not some inner city London ghetto no go zone much feared by Humbercod
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Rick12
March 27, 2021, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Pretty terrible and those responsible need charging with arson however there must be more to this than meet the eye, youths gathering together has never been illegal and kids showing off doing wheelies was pretty standard way back in the seventies when I was young, this is an English village not some inner city London ghetto no go zone much feared by Humbercod
I use to think like that Codcheeky but  crime happens anywhere. Just because its  some leafy village in England doesn't mean crime still goes on. It does albeit less in general I feel.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
codcheeky
March 27, 2021, 1:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12
I use to think like that Codcheeky but  crime happens anywhere. Just because its  some leafy village in England doesn't mean crime still goes on. It does albeit less in general I feel.

It’s always happened ever since I can remember, however this incident seems to have escalated for some reason, in confronting these youths this man made them turn from what some might think as a nuisance into a serious crime. We do not know what language he used or if he threatened them, we only have one side, not that it makes arson acceptable.
  Low level anti social behaviour from youths with little to do has always been a problem, there were never any good old days, add in the boredom and frustration of lockdown and things can get out of hand. You have to think most of these youths would be working in the mines or serving apprenticeships at any of the many related industries that have gone in former days, now in many former mining villages there is little opportunity . None of this excuses arson or thuggery
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Rick12
March 27, 2021, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

It’s always happened ever since I can remember, however this incident seems to have escalated for some reason, in confronting these youths this man made them turn from what some might think as a nuisance into a serious crime. We do not know what language he used or if he threatened them, we only have one side, not that it makes arson acceptable.
  Low level anti social behaviour from youths with little to do has always been a problem, there were never any good old days, add in the boredom and frustration of lockdown and things can get out of hand. You have to think most of these youths would be working in the mines or serving apprenticeships at any of the many related industries that have gone in former days, now in many former mining villages there is little opportunity . None of this excuses arson or thuggery
Still think this country is a bit soft though on crime .

I agree in part with you eg we dont know what's happened .Maybe he came on too strong and the problem escalated ,or maybe some children just dont like being told off and took umbrage with him. You can get through to some people with kindness etc but some kids are wild . Some of its the parents fault and poor environment. Take someone who needs more discipline  than most due to their genetic make up  but doesn't get it due to poor parenting . Mum out all the time with other men, in the pub  etc and you get a feral youth. I dont always blame the kids though as children are developing. More the parent and even the society which we live. Strong emphasis on capitalism  but less on community in some places. Its this which causes a lot of kids to go astray. Lack of love and community .Its why many end up in gangs .They desperately seek love and community albeit in the wrong places.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ex Royal Marine standing up for justice.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.