Rick12
March 21, 2021, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
whilst Payne needs booting out this club, awful signing imo.
Really annoyed me how he hung Williams out to dry about missing that header yet didn't berate LJL for missing from 1 yard out last week.
Yes I dont like to read that. I use to see that sort of thing going on when playing football at collage. Hierarchical thing usually. If your friends with them of the pitch or they have done something in the game eg played for the county there less likely to pick on you  /in this instance Williams is younger than John Lewis and Payne  may have seen him as a weak touch and took more liberties with him.

Hope Williams has a word with Payne about it. Tell him to sort it.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 287
arryarryarry
March 21, 2021, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Really annoyed me how he hung Williams out to dry about missing that header yet didn't berate LJL for missing from 1 yard out last week.

Just listened to that. Comes over as a pretty snide comment but doesn't make similar comments when his love child has a glaring miss, "it was a save by the keeper or it bounced up and hit his knee".

Private Message
Reply: 281 - 287
ginnywings
March 21, 2021, 8:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
We didn't hear the question that preceded the Williams comment and i would also give Hurst a bit of leeway in that he must have been really p1ssed off after several games where we have come close to a win but luck hasn't gone our way. He was most likely extra peeved that Barrow had once again got that rub of the green that has eluded us. How many of us make rash comments straight after a disappointing result, only to temper our comments after we have calmed down ?

I also note that those having a go at Hurst for his comments are the same posters who think Hurst should be sacked. Surprise!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 287
DB
March 21, 2021, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ginnywings
We didn't hear the question that preceded the Williams comment and i would also give Hurst a bit of leeway in that he must have been really p1ssed off after several games where we have come close to a win but luck hasn't gone our way. He was most likely extra peeved that Barrow had once again got that rub of the green that has eluded us. How many of us make rash comments straight after a disappointing result, only to temper our comments after we have calmed down ?

I also note that those having a go at Hurst for his comments are the same posters who think Hurst should be sacked. Surprise!

I'm guilty of that but as I posted on the 'Hurst Consortium thread' Hurst is the consortiums man for the job, making whatever we may say at present superfluous. Like him or not we have to accept him. May he reign long, get us promoted and not have too many defeats.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 287
arryarryarry
March 21, 2021, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I also note that those having a go at Hurst for his comments are the same posters who think Hurst should be sacked.

Surprise!

Or those that are defending him want him to stay................Surprise!
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 287
ginnywings
March 21, 2021, 11:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

Or those that are defending him want him to stay................Surprise!

Nope!

I couldn't care less if he was sacked tomorrow. Equally, I'm not going to throw a paddy if he is kept on for now and the coming season. Nobody knows who is and isn't going to be a success and if the consortium see him as the man they are pinning their hopes on and have a plan with him going forward, then so be it.

Someone has to make those decisions and constantly sacking managers doesn't work. We keep doing it and we keep getting worse.

I personally think he has made us a better team, but I'm sure you will point out for the hundredth time that he has taken less points than IH in the same amount of games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 287
KingstonMariner
March 21, 2021, 11:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Crikey, why do people see it as black and white. A bit of nuance never hurt anyone.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 287
arryarryarry
March 22, 2021, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Nope!

I couldn't care less if he was sacked tomorrow. Equally, I'm not going to throw a paddy if he is kept on for now and the coming season. Nobody knows who is and isn't going to be a success and if the consortium see him as the man they are pinning their hopes on and have a plan with him going forward, then so be it.

Someone has to make those decisions and constantly sacking managers doesn't work. We keep doing it and we keep getting worse.

I personally think he has made us a better team, but I'm sure you will point out for the hundredth time that he has taken less points than IH in the same amount of games.

Like I have said before, don't let facts spoil your arguments.

As for sacking or not sacking managers well we didn't sack Woods and that ended well.
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 287
29 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.