20 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
March 17, 2021, 9:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Another cautious display gets us a point against a knackered side, at least the Hurst clappers will be happyđź‘Ť
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 199
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 17, 2021, 10:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Humbercod
Another cautious display gets us a point against a knackered side, at least the Hurst clappers will be happyđź‘Ť

I’m no Hurst fan but why are Tranmere knackered? No difference between playing Sat/Tues or Sun/ Wed and yeah they were in a final on Sunday but are pushing for automatic promotion so can’t believe they are not “up” for every game at present.

The result is everything in our position but tonight was hardly a walkover fixture, none are for us, and our season was perfectly summed up last night when Barrow scored twice and not sure either was from one of their shots!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 199
toontown
March 17, 2021, 10:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Paul Hurst will be buzzing with this result and who could blame the Yorkshire t.wat

That made me laugh out loud. Look I even spelt it out properly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 199
RonMariner
March 17, 2021, 11:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,659
Gold Stars: 226
If only we hadn't dug such a bloody big hole for ourselves we might have a chance. But it's too little too late.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 199
March 18, 2021, 7:40am
Guest User

I don’t give a sh.it if he is . He was hired to get us out of this mess unfortunately for him and he’s failed . His signings have been shocking and his results even more so . We’ve just slid into the NL with a fooking whimper

When will you and others on here realise that you can't always get what you want?  I would hazard a guess that none of Pauls top 10 picks are in our squad now.  Players don't jump for joy and say, "Whoopee, Grimsby Town want me", especially the good players available which no doubt have received better offers than we presented to them.  There are multiple reasons why players wouldn't want to come here, we just have to accept that, and take what we can get.  Do you not understand that?

Reply: 194 - 199
DB
March 18, 2021, 7:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
My thanks to all those who corrected me about shots on target last night. Stats say 2 but they came that far apart I must have forgot about them. On the subject of goals on target in the last 630 mins ( 7games) we have managed 12, 1 shot per 52 mins.

This fact sums up why we are looking into the trap door of the NL.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 199
DB
March 18, 2021, 7:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 123614

When will you and others on here realise that you can't always get what you want?  I would hazard a guess that none of Pauls top 10 picks are in our squad now.  Players don't jump for joy and say, "Whoopee, Grimsby Town want me", especially the good players available which no doubt have received better offers than we presented to them.  There are multiple reasons why players wouldn't want to come here, we just have to accept that, and take what we can get.  Do you not understand that?

Their is a reason why any player would come here. MONEY. Unfortunately the man holding the purse strings, Fenty, is still in charge.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 199
RonMariner
March 18, 2021, 12:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,659
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from DB

Their is a reason why any player would come here. MONEY. Unfortunately the man holding the purse strings, Fenty, is still in charge.

Indeed. Stockport have just signed a L1 goal scorer and they are below us in the pecking order.

It really is a matter of paying the price to attract the quality. Never gonna happen under Fenty.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 199
forza ivano
March 18, 2021, 4:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265

I don’t give a sh.it if he is . He was hired to get us out of this mess unfortunately for him and he’s failed . His signings have been shocking and his results even more so . We’ve just slid into the NL with a fooking whimper

you are soooo right

Eastwood - shocking goalkeeper
Menayese - shocking centre back
Matete - shocking central midfielder
Coke - shocking defensive midfielder
Harbegham - shocking left back
Lamy - shocking winger
The Shop - shocking centre forward (we'd have been so much better with gibson and green up there)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 199
Tommy
March 18, 2021, 5:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 123614

You talk (and you're not alone in this) as if no team has ever got out of a relegation battle and signed players while they were near the bottom of the league to help them stay up. It's part of a manager's job to get recruitment right, and to set up an effective team with what you've got.

I completely understand that no Manager has a 100% success rate with signings. Even the best sign some stinkers. But in our situation there was little margin for error, and judging by the points return (which is all that matters) we've actually become a worse team than the one Holloway left us with. Whether that's due to the players signed or the management of the team, that lies with the Manager unfortunately.

I didn't think Hurst was a bad appointment at all. I posted on here that I thought he'd see us safe (especially bearing in mind we weren't even in the bottom 2 when he arrived) and just had reservations about it as a long term appointment. But he's underperformed massively so far and I'm quite surprised how so many people dont apportion any blame whatsoever to him. We don't have to completely blame PH, that's not what I'm saying, but surely he doesnt get a free ride just because we were 22nd when he arrived. Other managers of other clubs in past seasons have signed players and got out of trouble, it just sounds a bit like blind faith saying he had no chance of keeping us up or signing any good players.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tranmere (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.