Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How has this been allowed to happen?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 286 Guests

How has this been allowed to happen?

This thread currently has 4,254 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 9, 2021, 9:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

Russell Slade had a full-time analyst and that worked out well?

Probably the reason the club didn't invest in another.

You should change your username to Mr Au Contraire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
arryarryarry
March 9, 2021, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings

You should change your username to Mr Au Contraire.

I apologise if a simple fact upset you.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
BottesfordMariner
March 9, 2021, 12:43pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Responsibility lays at the door of Fenty and the board.

They didnt want the season to start. (neither did Holloway)

When they finally realised it was going ahead they brought in a raft of non-league and academy players. Holloway brought them in but how much £ did he have to spend.?? Plenty of blame to share out there. From the outside looking it seems Fenty didnt want to put any more £ in as he wanted out.

What a well run club we are!!  So we kept being told. About to be a non-league club soon. A club that has done little to improve since it got back into the League. Season after season of shite and flirting with relegation has led to this. Almost inevitable with or without Covid. Blaming Covid too easy though for such a well run club we managed the situation worse than anyone else. A total intercourse up.

Had Holloway and that team stayed we would have got relegated.

Hurst has come in and brought almost a new team with him. Yet the result is nothing has changed.

Too easy to play against. Dont create a lot and dont score a lot. Lack a reliable source of goals (that has been the case for a while now). In some ways hard to be too damning on Hurst with what he inherited mid season but that said his appointment has been a huge disappointment .It had given me brief hope we could get out of the mess. I was wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2021, 2:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from buckstown
My instincts are that JF thought our time in the conference was a success, in fact I think he may even have said as much
Winning more than losing
Same gates, lower wages
Money spinning Wembley appearances
Making a profit and repaying loans
JF being a big fish in a small pond
If true, puts the last 16 years into perspective

That was the case in only 2 years.

2012 (£142k) and 2016 (£59k) were the only years we made a profit in the Conference. Those years saw a reduction of £50k and £35k respectively in Directors' Loans.

Directors' Loans did go down a whopping £357k in 2011 though we didn't make a profit, so I suspect it was something to do with share issues. Maybe it was when Mike Parker made a big new investment in shares, giving us the wherewithal to pay off some of the directors' loans. I stand ready to have my facts correct by a rarely seen poster.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
kafunanapar140909
March 9, 2021, 2:40pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from DB
How has this been allowed to happen?

Somebody sold his fish company for a few million and thought he could run a football club the same way.

End of

Exactly this. He is clearly not competent at running a football club and is too stubborn to admit it (or is just blind to the fact).

The latest example: did you see the news that we've signed a performance analyst? (https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/first-team-performance-analyst-appointed/). I'm not being funny but I worked at FC Halifax Town for a bit during my undergrad years when they were working their way up through National League North and back into the National League for the first time since reformation... **even they** had a performance analyst!

We are so behind the times it's scarcely believable. (Hurst's comments are quite funny in that article, too.)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
RonMariner
March 9, 2021, 3:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,546
Gold Stars: 225
Quoted from buckstown
My instincts are that JF thought our time in the conference was a success, in fact I think he may even have said as much
Winning more than losing
Same gates, lower wages
Money spinning Wembley appearances
Making a profit and repaying loans
JF being a big fish in a small pond
If true, puts the last 16 years into perspective

I think someone posted data that showed our income dropped by about 400 to 500k a year when we were outside the EFL.

If we go down we will get a parachute payment for at least one year this time I think?  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How has this been allowed to happen?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.