12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
March 27, 2021, 2:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,737
Gold Stars: 80
Quite feasible that many clubs will back the VONC but for very different reasons.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 112
moosey_club
March 27, 2021, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Very nice of the panel to note Dover are trying to comply with laws and rules but still fine them.

Also acknowledged in the current climate that £60k fine was excessive so dropped it to £40k.  

Really cant see how any of the above could actually stick lawfully given the basis seems to be that just because the other clubs decided or felt bullied to continue, potentially break their own league rules by losing money leaving Dover facing punishment for following the rules.

As Dover had submitted their books the panel obviously either felt that Dover were completely trying it on and would have completed the season fully solvent without further loans....or .........just ignored that they could be insolvent but as everybody else has took that path they should too.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 112
lukeo
March 29, 2021, 7:01am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Save making a new thread, although I'd rather us stay up ii have potentially a couple of nice away days within 90mins of me.. Torquay and Weymouth! Also Yeovil which is 40mins..
It kind of feels strange thinking we may be playing Weymouth in the league!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 112
fishboyUTM
March 29, 2021, 7:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Horrible I know, but let's hope Dover are kicked out of the league. That would hopefully mean a 91st placed finish would keep our EFL status. Also eyes towards Kings Lynn who are said to be struggling badly.

What an absolute disgrace it has come to this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 112
Mikey_345
March 29, 2021, 7:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,357
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Horrible I know, but let's hope Dover are kicked out of the league. That would hopefully mean a 91st placed finish would keep our EFL status. Also eyes towards Kings Lynn who are said to be struggling badly.

What an absolute disgrace it has come to this.

No it wouldn’t. That would give them less teams not too many... meaning there’s still two places to fill from relegation.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 112
fishboyUTM
March 29, 2021, 12:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Mikey_345

No it wouldn’t. That would give them less teams not too many... meaning there’s still two places to fill from relegation.

I'm desperate here. Christ on a bike.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 112
ginnywings
March 29, 2021, 12:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I'm desperate here. Christ on a bike.

Just accept it fishboy, it's easier that way.

We are getting relegated and there is no reprieve. Fecking Stevenage got one last season, but we won't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 112
DB
March 29, 2021, 1:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
When we start in the NL next season it's not going to be a walkover back to the EFL as many hope for. Notts Cty. are 3 games and 15 points behind Sutton and have just lost a cup semi-final to Isthmian League side Hornchurch. I would have thought that County would have had a reasonable budget for promotion which means the size of the budget isn't everything. Their change of manager certainly did not help the cup match result nor is a change of manager at other NL clubs helping.

The top 10 (excluding Sutton) and Maidenhead will all think that they have a chance of promotion, which is probably why so many wanted the season to carry on, regardless of finances. This just shows that the competition in this league every match is going to be tough. Take out Kings Lynn, Weymouth, and Wealdstone and every other club will think they are in with a chance of beating Town.

Don't forget either that come next season we will have a new team, be it with some of this season's team retained. A preseason should happen in some sort of form but from this year's January experience it will take a few weeks for a team to gel.

It's going to be a long 44 games and anywhere in the top 7 will be good. Promotion back to the EFL will be possible but Hurst will have to find some talent from somewhere.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 112
StaffsMariner
March 29, 2021, 1:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
So we're 4 points closer to safety than this time last week with a game in hand on 2 teams in the mix and yet some believe its already over. I really hope the players have more belief than some fans with 9 games left to go. Theres plenty of fight left in this team so maybe the power of positive thinking should take preference over all the doom and gloomers.
If you think its all over then stop posting negative crap and go play golf or something and let the rest of us live in hope (it never killed anyone over football by the way).
We WILL stay up this season!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 112
DB
March 29, 2021, 4:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from StaffsMariner
So we're 4 points closer to safety than this time last week with a game in hand on 2 teams in the mix and yet some believe its already over. I really hope the players have more belief than some fans with 9 games left to go. Theres plenty of fight left in this team so maybe the power of positive thinking should take preference over all the doom and gloomers.
If you think its all over then stop posting negative crap and go play golf or something and let the rest of us live in hope (it never killed anyone over football by the way).
We WILL stay up this season!!

My friend if you would care to take your blinkers off you would find in reading the many posts that some described me as Mr. Positive. The reason is that when all seemed lost I still maintained a positive optimism outlook while others doubted. If you look at my match predictions, always a win and it will be against Salford and every game until the end of the season.

If you would care to look at the statistics you will see a different picture. Points lost to all around us, inept performance on the pitch, 11 man defence and no attack. I saw a team fight against Barrow, I saw a team with a spirit score against Walsall and then I didn't see one thing that anybody could call fighting spirit, intentions but no passing ability and nothing to open up a team that had come for a draw.

If you care to look at a post I did you will see I mention that we will be playing Cheltenham, Bolton, Exeter, Cambridge, and Morecombe all viewing for top spot and promotion. Salford have a new manager which, apart from Town, usually gives a team a bounce.

2 points out of those 6 games, 3 if we're lucky and how I would like to be wrong. That leaves 3 games and 9 points if we win, lets not forget we are not good at scoring goals. That's 12 points and if the others lose and get no points then we might stay up.

We've gone into the last chance saloon, opened the trap door and have fallen in. The fat lady has trouble with her vocal cords, as we are left dangling on a thin thread of hope.

Hope my friend is all we have because everything else has gone.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League News & Updates

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.