MarshMariner
March 26, 2021, 7:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from bawarmy

I wonder which pompous male private heads thought that fining a team who have no money the right thing to do.

Disgraceful... I suspect there will be some pending legal action...

I would imagine they have gone hard on Dover to dissuade any other club following Dover's approach...

I just can't see how you can force a club to take on debt, especially as it goes against their own rules about being solvent...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 112
DB
March 26, 2021, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from MarshMariner

I would imagine they have gone hard on Dover to dissuade any other club following Dover's approach...

I just can't see how you can force a club to take on debt, especially as it goes against their own rules about being solvent...

Integrity is a joke in this league. Stick your head in the sand, run up debts and play at all costs is ok. Be sensible and live within your means is punished.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 112
pen penfras
March 26, 2021, 7:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MarshMariner

Taking out a loan does not make you insolvent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 112
DB
March 26, 2021, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from pen penfras

According to the powers at NL it does. No loan and you get a fine and points deduction!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 112
pen penfras
March 26, 2021, 8:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from DB

According to the powers at NL it does. No loan and you get a fine and points deduction!

Where has anybody said that taking out a loan is insolvent? It's a misconception on here from something the Dover chairman said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 112
MarshMariner
March 26, 2021, 8:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pen penfras

Your correct it doesn't.. but taking out a loan with no income or means to pay it potentially leads to it..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 112
MuddyWaters
March 26, 2021, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from MarshMariner

Your correct it doesn't.. but taking out a loan with no income or means to pay it potentially leads to it..

Loans eh...nowt but trouble. 😜
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 112
AussieMariner
March 27, 2021, 11:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from pen penfras

Quoted from DB

Where has anybody said that taking out a loan is insolvent? It's a misconception on here from something the Dover chairman said.

I think you somewhat missed DB’s point PP - he’s saying that Dover refused to take out a loan which would have enabled them to play, as a consequence of which the NL have fined them and deducted points which may well lead them into insolvency
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 112
Geordie Mariner
March 27, 2021, 1:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +6
National league clubs are considering whether to bring a vote of no confidence against the league’s board following decision to fine Dover £40,000 and 12 points deduction for 21/22 season for ending their season early.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56549165
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 112
ROKERITE
March 27, 2021, 1:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Geordie Mariner
National league clubs are considering whether to bring a vote of no confidence against the league’s board following decision to fine Dover £40,000 and 12 points deduction for 21/22 season for ending their season early.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56549165

But as that article says, other clubs in The National League support Dover's punishment. Many clubs have found completing their fixtures almost impossible financially but only Dover have failed to fulfil their fixtures. It's been a hard, horrible time for every club at that level but I think it only fair that Dover be punished although probably with a reduced fine but full twelve point deduction next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League News & Updates

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.