dapperz fun pub
March 7, 2021, 7:53am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I spoke to him last night, he'd absolutely love the job here, he's done the hard yards in lower league football, I'd be tempted to give him the job now, see what he can do between now and the end of the season

Nothing to lose like you say he’s done the semi pro clubs played at the highest level what we got to lose because this present set up isn’t working
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
grimps
March 7, 2021, 8:00am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I spoke to him last night, he'd absolutely love the job here, he's done the hard yards in lower league football, I'd be tempted to give him the job now, see what he can do between now and the end of the season

My mate who’s from Gainsbough mentioned him a couple of weeks ago saying he’d do a great job for us , he also wasn’t aware that he used to play for us
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Mayaman
March 7, 2021, 8:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Hurst was brought in with half a season left to get us to 22nd position in the league as a minimum. He’s failed . There’s no way he can be in charge next season.

Has the season ended?  I really must take more notice of what is going around me.  What's this COVID everyone's talking about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Ruston AT
March 7, 2021, 8:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from marinerdazza
Bunney is actually a left midfielder.

Not saying I’m a fan, but thought it needed to be said.

You are joking?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
pontoonlew
March 7, 2021, 9:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,826
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from LouthMariner

Was just about to say the same thing, was and can play left wing, hence the decision to bring him on.

I haven't agreed with many of the decisions that Hurst has made over recent weeks. Certainly not the formation and tactics. However, today I thought he got the set up right, with the right players in the right positions and the right tactics. Unfortunately it just didn't work out today, mainly due to the fact that FGR were just better than us and showed why they are 3rd in the League. We over ran them at times down the right, so they shut us off. Hurst likes to play 3 midfielders and a winger, much like he did when we got promoted. When he had to bring on Bunny we lost that shape and that let them have more control in the 2nd half and they used it. Could he have brought on Adams, yep, but probably thought Bunny might offer us more, or Adams wouldn't fit into the play the same. If we have played like that over the last 4/5 games we wouldn't be in the position we are now.

But we are in that position due to Hurst's previous tactics, there is no taking away from that. I saw promise today, although I feel as if it is too late and we are down already. But for me, todays performance was better and more enjoyable to watch, even though we lost. Is it time for Hurst to go? I am on the fence, last week I was nearly falling off it and he had to go, but todays performance has given me a tinkle of hope. UTM.

Yet ironically it was a forced change away from that turgid shite that took us up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
exiledmeggie
March 7, 2021, 9:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -221
Gold Stars: 18
Hurts took six seasons to get us out of the Conference.

Hurts has taken less than six months to ensure we get back!

HURST OUT!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
louth_in_the_south
March 7, 2021, 9:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Mayaman

Has the season ended?  I really must take more notice of what is going around me.  What's this COVID everyone's talking about?

I respect your optimism.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
dapperz fun pub
March 7, 2021, 12:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from exiledmeggie
Hurts took six seasons to get us out of the Conference.

Hurts has taken less than six months to ensure we get back!

HURST OUT!

Not once did we challenge for the title under hurst and under him we won’t again , who employed him fenty or the new lot ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
arryarryarry
March 7, 2021, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Not once did we challenge for the title under hurst and under him we won’t again , who employed him fenty or the new lot ?

Unlike when we got promoted, there are more teams in the play-offs so teams as far down as 7th get in as opposed to when we qualified with teams down to 5th.

However play-off games are down to one game not two with the higher finishing team at home. So you have to be up for the fight unlike we were against Newport, Gateshead and Braintree.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.