Humbercod
March 9, 2021, 12:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB
Hursts prematch with GT wasn't awe inspiring.

“If there is a lack of confidence in their group, playing against a team at the bottom of the league, they’d probably go into it thinking it’s a good chance.

“If things aren’t quite going their way, maybe that can highlight that further, but we just have to be prepared to roll our sleeves up and have a real go again.

“You can never ask more than that from players, as much as we’d all want to have everything perfect, what you can ask for is the effort there.

“That’s what we need to do, and that’s a big strength of Carlisle’s. The intensity they play at, the energy levels, and we’ve got to try our best to at least match that.

“If not, it’ll be a tough night for us.”

I would ask the players to have ago for a first time, never mind again. Match Carlisle's intensity and energy levels. I have never heard so much dejection and excuse before a match. If he expects those words to appease the dross his teams have dished up and motivate the players he brought in. Then I can only believe he thinks they lost before they kick a ball.
HURST OUT NOW

Ps. I'm still hoping for a win !
UTM

Hurst bigging up the opposition shock!
Sooner he’s gone DB the better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2021, 2:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB
Hursts prematch with GT wasn't awe inspiring.

“If there is a lack of confidence in their group, playing against a team at the bottom of the league, they’d probably go into it thinking it’s a good chance.

“If things aren’t quite going their way, maybe that can highlight that further, but we just have to be prepared to roll our sleeves up and have a real go again.

“You can never ask more than that from players, as much as we’d all want to have everything perfect, what you can ask for is the effort there.

“That’s what we need to do, and that’s a big strength of Carlisle’s. The intensity they play at, the energy levels, and we’ve got to try our best to at least match that.

“If not, it’ll be a tough night for us.”

I would ask the players to have ago for a first time, never mind again. Match Carlisle's intensity and energy levels. I have never heard so much dejection and excuse before a match. If he expects those words to appease the dross his teams have dished up and motivate the players he brought in. Then I can only believe he thinks they lost before they kick a ball.
HURST OUT NOW

Ps. I'm still hoping for a win !
UTM

Hurst never was one to try to whip up a storm now was he. What did you expect. At least now we are the division's whipping boys, so every other team is a real threat, unlike when we were in the Conference.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
fishcake63
March 9, 2021, 2:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
in our position the next game is the most important , can we get a result at a bang out of form carlisle , nearly as bang out of form than us , lose tonight & i honestly fear for my sanity , bangs head against wall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle away Tuesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.