Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Time for club to make a statement on takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 209 Guests

Time for club to make a statement on takeover

This thread currently has 6,731 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
March 6, 2021, 7:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,123
Gold Stars: 134
It is 4 weeks now since the last club statement which basically said everything was agreed buyers due diligence completed and the only outstanding matter was the EFL approval of buyers financial plan which it was hoped would be received ‘shortly’..The new owners added a similar statement.’Shortly” to me has passed.Meanwhile we sink ever nearer the drop.We may not quite be in the last chance saloon but the doors are swinging  open. In the current circumstances the delay matters. Fans are in despair. New manager appointment hasn’t produced a new manager bounce. I express no opinion on whether we have reached the point where the last throw of the device is another change of manager or we have to see this through but it would be nice to know if someone is in charge and making decisions in such a bleak time in the clubs history. To go out the league with a whimper would be unbearable. We need an update and something from the club that provides hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bigdog
March 6, 2021, 7:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
However impatient I am for positive news, I'd rather not read another single club statement from the present incumbents thanks..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
Plankton
March 6, 2021, 7:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,170
Gold Stars: 38
The trust should be all over this.

I agree it is time for a statement to give clarity and lay out the schedule for the take over. We need to have an understanding of what is happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
MarshMariner
March 6, 2021, 8:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Fenty and his Cohorts have gone to ground...  can't think why... rudderless

You would need some substance/back bone as a board to make a statement.. so don't hold your breath..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
Eastendmariner
March 6, 2021, 8:24pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 22
All I want to read is they've cleared their desks and Gone JUST GONE

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
dapperz fun pub
March 6, 2021, 8:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
[quote=120850]The trust should be all over this.

Agree .. will it be more of the same or a new a trust ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Eastendmariner
March 6, 2021, 8:27pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 22
Don't worry we'll soon have a statement from the old board when they want money of us fan's

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
Ballgazer
March 6, 2021, 8:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
Quoted from Plankton
The trust should be all over this.

I agree it is time for a statement to give clarity and lay out the schedule for the take over. We need to have an understanding of what is happening.

The takeover panel has told all parties that they must make no public comment whilst the takeover is proceeding.

Be patient, it will not be much longer
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
DB
March 6, 2021, 8:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,874
Gold Stars: 383
Thinking about this you have to ask the question what have the EFL got to do with all this. Day said it's a private matter between the consortium and Fenty and nothing to do with the club.

I have to admit he is right.

So what's it to do with the EFL or anybody else. The consortium are not buying a controlling share in the club, as it is owned by the majority of shareholders who have not been bought out by the consortium. The consortium are a minority shareholder.

So what is the problem?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
DB
March 6, 2021, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,874
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from DB
Thinking about this you have to ask the question what have the EFL got to do with all this. Day said it's a private matter between the consortium and Fenty and nothing to do with the club.

I have to admit he is right.

So what's it to do with the EFL or anybody else. The consortium are not buying a controlling share in the club, as it is owned by the majority of shareholders who have not been bought out by the consortium. The consortium are a minority shareholder.

So what is the problem?

Thank you gutless for your X in less than minute of this post. Obviously you are highly intelligent of company matters so could you provide us with reason why I am wrong. On the other hand you could be a mindless troll who has nothing better to do try to wind people up. Certainly you have no compassion for Town or you would have the guts to speak up.

However been benevolent to you let me help up XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Time for club to make a statement on takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.