Humbercod
March 15, 2021, 7:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Like I said. Dear little Humbo is a sad little boy who didn’t get the love every child needs. It’s not his fault he’s an attention seeking little prat.

I was reminded of him watching Nordic Noir drama ‘All the Sins’ series 2. There was a bloke who admitted to war crimes in Yugoslavia. The character used to go into town to pick fights to get beaten up.

I’d have a break from the Fishy if I were you Kingston, thinking about me whilst gripped into your favourite Nordic adventure does seem a little obsessive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
Humbercod
March 15, 2021, 7:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Rick12
To be fair to Humbercod though Ginny he has a slight point. Ive been under the care of the NHS all my life due to my lung problem and while the majority of care is good  sometimes doctors/professors even  get it wrong. Ive had to intervene and say this care/medicine isnt right for which they have apologised . Its not just me with these experiences but others who I know as well. Granted they are under pressure but due to the conveyer belt of patients they see they are only  human and will make mistakes sometimes.

Ive learnt the hard way you cant trust the medical profession completely.

Health care rationing and badly trained 3rd world doctors Rick. Your GP decides whether you can see a consultant, the consultant decides whether you will be properly investigated and then if you will be treated. The NHS uses the cheapest drugs possible and only upgrade you to something better if that doesn’t work. Without rationing we would not be able to run the NHS as it currently is. So we don’t treat all those who need it or to give everyone the best treatment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
Rick12
March 15, 2021, 7:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Humbercod

Health care rationing and badly trained 3rd world doctors Rick. Your GP decides whether you can see a consultant, the consultant decides whether you will be properly investigated and then if you will be treated. The NHS uses the cheapest drugs possible and only upgrade you to something better if that doesn’t work. Without rationing we would not be able to run the NHS as it currently is. So we don’t treat all those who need it or to give everyone the best treatment.
We are lucky to live in this country though Humbercod. The medicines I take are not available in other parts  of the world even Europe and likewise as with other conditions patients will die as the money isnt there. But you have made some fair points. The NHS sometimes does use drugs on the cheap eg a one size fits all to save costs which  whilst treating one thing can affect  other organs adversely. This is what happened to me . Things were missed on my record due to them being so overworked.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
fishboyUTM
March 15, 2021, 8:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Yes, it would be nice to offer NHS workers a further pay rise (they only agreed as six percent rise a couple of years ago) but the country owes trillions and we are in the biggest recession for a hundred years.

Nurses are not poorly paid by any stretch of the imagination. The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) has estimated that an average NHS nurse’s pay is £33,384. Any increase would have to be funded by the taxpayer, it's easy to spend other peoples money, harder to raise that money via YOUR taxes.

The salary ranges at each additional banding level are as follows:

Band six: £31,365 – £37,890
    Band seven: £38,890 – £44,503
    Band eight: £45,753 – £87,754
    Band nine: £91,004 – £104,927

Of course, the one percent offer will be shouted down by the faux fuming public, it's an opening offer anyway. I see the unions want a ridiculous 12.5 percent. Expect an agreement around the 3 percent mark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
barralad
March 15, 2021, 8:17am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Humbercod

I'd have more respect for your views if you didn't come out with such sweeping generalisations. What constitutes a "badly trained third world doctor"? What even constitutes "third world" these days?
I have had cause to use the critical services of the NHS several times in my life.
My heart was sorted out (twice) by a team headed up by an Egyptian professor with the donkey work being done by an Iraqi and a Senegalese.
After a road accident in 2012 my leg was saved by a Libyan.
The entire team (except the initial consultant) who cured me of prostate cancer were from the Indian sub-continent.
I doubt that in all of these cases I just got lucky.
You talk about health care rationing but make no comment as to why such steps might be necessary. Who ultimately controls NHS spending?
For me the main problems started when the Tories decided that what was designed as a service should be run as a business. In many aspects New Labour did nothing to legislate against that view (although it is undoubtedly true that treatment waiting times were very significantly improved between 1997 and 2010).

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
ska face
March 15, 2021, 8:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,617
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Yes, it would be nice to offer NHS workers a further pay rise (they only agreed as six percent rise a couple of years ago) but the country owes trillions and we are in the biggest recession for a hundred years.

Nurses are not poorly paid by any stretch of the imagination. The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) has estimated that an average NHS nurse’s pay is £33,384. Any increase would have to be funded by the taxpayer, it's easy to spend other peoples money, harder to raise that money via YOUR taxes.

The salary ranges at each additional banding level are as follows:

Band six: £31,365 – £37,890
    Band seven: £38,890 – £44,503
    Band eight: £45,753 – £87,754
    Band nine: £91,004 – £104,927

Of course, the one percent offer will be shouted down by the faux fuming public, it's an opening offer anyway. I see the unions want a ridiculous 12.5 percent. Expect an agreement around the 3 percent mark.

The government just printed £895,000,000,000 in the last year, on top of £445,000,000,000 in 2016 and £375,000,000,000 in 2012.

The idea that any increase in spending - whether it goes on nurses’ wages, massive infrastructure programmes, test & trace bungs - has to be funded directly, penny for penny, out of someone’s pocket is wrong. It’s typical scaremongering ultimately regressive. We’ve just seen 10 years of failed ideological austerity, even Boris said it was wrong recently.

There can’t be many simpler and more effective and sustainable ways of supporting the whole economy than increasing wages for the biggest employer in the country.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2021, 9:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If you think the NHS is crap and doesn’t deserve funding Humbo, you can always go and live in America.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2021, 10:01am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
To be fair to Humbercod though Ginny he has a slight point. Ive been under the care of the NHS all my life due to my lung problem and while the majority of care is good  sometimes doctors/professors even  get it wrong. Ive had to intervene and say this care/medicine isnt right for which they have apologised . Its not just me with these experiences but others who I know as well. Granted they are under pressure but due to the conveyer belt of patients they see they are only  human and will make mistakes sometimes.

Ive learnt the hard way you cant trust the medical profession completely.

Mistakes are bound to happen, after all the people that work in the NHS are only human. And I agree, you need to personally be active in making sure that you get what you need. I don’t think any of us are suggesting that doctors and nurses be treated as gods. Just giving them a decent pay award after the year from hell. After all the sanctimonious and hypocritical clapping and praise that was poured out.

We all know the danger of penny pinching.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2021, 10:02am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

I’d have a break from the Fishy if I were you Kingston, thinking about me whilst gripped into your favourite Nordic adventure does seem a little obsessive.

I can’t help it. Whenever I see a weirdo, your name pops into my head.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
Rick12
March 15, 2021, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Mistakes are bound to happen, after all the people that work in the NHS are only human. And I agree, you need to personally be active in making sure that you get what you need. I don’t think any of us are suggesting that doctors and nurses be treated as gods. Just giving them a decent pay award after the year from hell. After all the sanctimonious and hypocritical clapping and praise that was poured out.

We all know the danger of penny pinching.
Yes most doctors and nurses do a good job. Some like in any walk of life are better than others though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Clapping is cheap

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.