9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
March 5, 2021, 8:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Sorry I was referring to the overall wage. Nurses, doctors, and higher managers will be paid well, I would of thought under the current climate with the public finances stretched they would be a bit more understanding!
Many people in the private sector who haven’t had a pay rise for years would love 1% and a nice pension.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 85
ska face
March 5, 2021, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
They should join a Union then.

Nice to see the boot lickers been lead up the “race to the bottom” garden path though. Where do you think public sector wages are spent anyway? Could it be...the private sector perhaps? Great idea though, take demand out the economy when you need to increase it and get private firms supported.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 85
Humbercod
March 5, 2021, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face
They should join a Union then.

Nice to see the boot lickers been lead up the “race to the bottom” garden path though. Where do you think public sector wages are spent anyway? Could it be...the private sector perhaps? Great idea though, take demand out the economy when you need to increase it and get private firms supported.

Oh yeah it’s Friday night has the wife let you have a few shandy’s Ska?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 85
Gaffer58
March 5, 2021, 10:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Said it some months ago when we clapped the NHS each Thursday, they would rather have a decent pay award then a good clap. I know people say politicians pay award are worked out by a committee but funny how their awards always seem larger then anybody else who is paid from taxes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 85
ginnywings
March 5, 2021, 11:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Nothing those fookers do has ever surprised me and nothing ever will. Still can't understand why working people vote Tory. It's a lifelong puzzle to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 85
KingstonMariner
March 6, 2021, 7:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod
Sorry I was referring to the overall wage. Nurses, doctors, and higher managers will be paid well, I would of thought under the current climate with the public finances stretched they would be a bit more understanding!
Many people in the private sector who haven’t had a pay rise for years would love 1% and a nice pension.

You continue to show that you have no understanding of economics. 1% is a pittance when inflation is higher. And when you take the longer term view, NHS workers have fallen further behind in real terms. I suspect that you don’t know what that means judging by your comments.

And if you think stiffing NHS and other public sector workers is going to save enough money to make a dent in the sums of money the government has spent on this crisis you are sadly lacking in understanding of basic arithmetic.

You also seem not to understand the impact of government spending and debt on economic growth and the effect that has on affordability of debt.

Go and educate yourself.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 85
Humbercod
March 6, 2021, 8:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You continue to show that you have no understanding of economics. 1% is a pittance when inflation is higher. And when you take the longer term view, NHS workers have fallen further behind in real terms. I suspect that you don’t know what that means judging by your comments.

Nurses got a 5% pay rise last year. They’ll get a further 1% this year. Average pay for a qualified nurse is about 40k much better than many of their European counterparts, and they have job security and a good pension. Now I will give you a basic lesson in economics ...they are paid out of taxes!

When hundreds of thousands of people have lost their jobs, homes, families, businesses and in some cases their lives just to protect the NHS then it’s really not a good look to be complaining again just like the teachers at every second chance.

Quoted Text
And if you think stiffing NHS and other public sector workers is going to save enough money to make a dent in the sums of money the government has spent on this crisis you are sadly lacking in understanding of basic arithmetic.

Public sector doesn’t deserve any more money so nobody is getting stifled. But if it makes you feel all ooh so intelligent by stating the basic flipping obvious then good for you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 85
Sandford1981
March 6, 2021, 9:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Humbercod

When hundreds of thousands of people have lost their jobs, homes, families, businesses and in some cases their lives just to protect the NHS then it’s really not a good look to be complaining again just like the teachers

It’s not a good look for the government to waste hundreds of millions of pounds of tax payers money giving contracts to their mates.

But as is this governments thirst for outdoing themselves in hypocrisy they don’t stop at that but have the temerity to talk affordability when dickiing over worked NHS staff out of a paltry pay rise.
And people defend it!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 85
ska face
March 6, 2021, 1:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
So nurses are paid through taxes, unlike those on furlough, or those running the £22bn test & trace failure, or those providing PPE to the tune of £3.2bn of inflated prices.

The truth is the govt have printed £450bn out of thin air during the pandemic, and even the BBC are now parroting the line that running huge deficits is fine, completely flipping their narrative they’ve run for the last decade -

Tweet 1368168641443823638 will appear here...

But on crab mentality island, people would rather lie about how much nurses earn than let them have a few quid more. The median nurse salary is £25k, which is...some way short of £40k (https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Salary). That few quid more will be going straight into local economies, supporting small businesses and the private sector.

Thank you for the lesson in basic economics though  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 85
Humbercod
March 6, 2021, 2:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from ska face
So nurses are paid through taxes, unlike those on furlough, or those running the £22bn test & trace failure, or those providing PPE to the tune of £3.2bn of inflated prices.

The truth is the govt have printed £450bn out of thin air during the pandemic, and even the BBC are now parroting the line that running huge deficits is fine, completely flipping their narrative they’ve run for the last decade -

Tweet 1368168641443823638 will appear here...

on crab mentality island, people would rather lie about how much nurses earn than let them have a few quid more. The median nurse salary is £25k, which is...some way short of £40k (https://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Salary). That few quid more will be going straight into local economies, supporting small businesses and the private sector.

Thank you for the lesson in basic economics though  

Your link is excrement mate
Try this one ......
https://www.qunomedical.com/en/research/healthcare-salary-index/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Clapping is cheap

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.