DB
March 5, 2021, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,003
Gold Stars: 386
*cut,copy,paste...*

17 games to go. 50+ points available. 2 games in hand over the teams above us.

We are not relegated yet.

Positivity on a Friday, brilliant.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
DB
March 5, 2021, 1:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

That is mathematically the case.

But the reality is that Southend are currently picking up more points than us, and have some impressive results behind then recently.  So there is no evidence based on current form that we are likely to overtake them.

Unless our performance level picks up we are doomed.

You sound like Private Fraser in Dads Army.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
KingstonMariner
March 5, 2021, 1:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

Oh Kingston, that was diabolically diabolical - suggest you download the App." Poetry made simple for kids in 500 easy lessons whilst watching a football match "

The lessons I can cope with, but I couldn’t face 500 matches.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
HertsGTFC
March 5, 2021, 2:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from arryarryarry

What the intercourse has it got to do with anything whether I went to the finals or not, me going doesn't guarantee promotion.

As it happens I did as I go to about 95% of all games home and away.

You said " it means diddly squat to get to a final / semi-final and lose" clearly it meant something to you.

It's a play off final (or semi) it could go either way on the day. Whilst I agree winning is everything when Scott got his marching orders Hurst's record on his own was,

- Play off semi, agreed we where nowhere good enough that season in reality.
- Play Off final - Lost on pens to a decent Brizzle side and a ref who "didn't want to spoil the game".
- Play Off final - Won!

Maybe the length of time it took us to get promoted wasn't just down to him, in the time we where down there some clubs with really good long term plans went up ahead of us and have prospered or at least stabilised because they had a plan and everyone on the same page.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
arryarryarry
March 5, 2021, 2:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You said " it means diddly squat to get to a final / semi-final and lose" clearly it meant something to you.

It's a play off final (or semi) it could go either way on the day. Whilst I agree winning is everything when Scott got his marching orders Hurst's record on his own was,

- Play off semi, agreed we where nowhere good enough that season in reality.
- Play Off final - Lost on pens to a decent Brizzle side and a ref who "didn't want to spoil the game".
- Play Off final - Won!

Maybe the length of time it took us to get promoted wasn't just down to him, in the time we where down there some clubs with really good long term plans went up ahead of us and have prospered or at least stabilised because they had a plan and everyone on the same page.  

Oh FFS in terms of promotion.

Jesus effing wept.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
Teestogreen
March 9, 2021, 9:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Team performing much better - substitution selection timing needs improvement 😀

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
DB
March 9, 2021, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Name of the thread is Hurst In

And he is
In the sh!t without  a paddle and nothing up top to call a football brain. Somebody please ring him tonight and tell him his P45 is in the post.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
Teestogreen
March 9, 2021, 9:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Yep - Hurst in. Considering Carlisle were odds on for promotion a month ago - Town performed well against them tonight. I should give PH some credit for that and bodes well for the next games. The players were motivated and I think LJL is a part of that. Well done Town.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
arryarryarry
March 9, 2021, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Teestogreen
Yep - Hurst in. Considering Carlisle were odds on for promotion a month ago - Town performed well against them tonight. I should give PH some credit for that and bodes well for the next games. The players were motivated and I think LJL is a part of that. Well done Town.
UTM

We were perfoming well up to the substitutions, however I would add that Carlisle were shite.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
DB
March 9, 2021, 9:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
UTM

Hurst has two problems.

Points aren't stacking up
He's running out of games

I'm sure your on his Christmas card list

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst in

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.