This thread currently has 8,923 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 3, 2021, 9:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Hurst pointed out in his interview that certain players weren't giving their all.

Oh how we miss Shaun Pearson, should never have got rid of him.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
Eastendmariner
March 3, 2021, 9:33pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
May he should ask the players why  they are so bad  never mind the tactics but when they can't even pass the ball to each other

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
DB
March 3, 2021, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hurst pointed out in his interview that certain players weren't giving their all.

Oh how we miss Shaun Pearson, should never have got rid of him.

I'm sorry to state the obvious but it's his job to make sure they do every time they cross the line.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
diehardmariner
March 4, 2021, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,570
Gold Stars: 537
Nah it's not.  

He can do all the prep in the world but he can't control them once they cross over that white line.  

He can drill into them his tactics and prepare them the best he can.  By all means lets hang him out to dry on his poor tactics in recent games.  But any player not giving his everything, that's on the individual and their professional pride.  Hurst can, of course, pull them up on it and you would hope they either get a rocket post-game and/or don't play again.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
DB
March 4, 2021, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Nah it's not.  

He can do all the prep in the world but he can't control them once they cross over that white line.  

He can drill into them his tactics and prepare them the best he can.  By all means lets hang him out to dry on his poor tactics in recent games.  But any player not giving his everything, that's on the individual and their professional pride.  Hurst can, of course, pull them up on it and you would hope they either get a rocket post-game and/or don't play again.

Went down Cheapside yesterday and it was empty. As Tuesday performance was rubbish, and that's a compliment, and listening to Hurts interview I expected to see them there. Obviously they would be too tired to run, and if they were????, they could been made to watch the drivel they showed on Tuesday, at Harrogate and the Crawley game.

A previous poster told me Wednesday was their day off, but has they've had 3 weeks of I can see no reason for them not turning up.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
Son of Cod
March 4, 2021, 2:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from DB

Went down Cheapside yesterday and it was empty. As Tuesday performance was rubbish, and that's a compliment, and listening to Hurts interview I expected to see them there. Obviously they would be too tired to run, and if they were????, they could been made to watch the drivel they showed on Tuesday, at Harrogate and the Crawley game.

A previous poster told me Wednesday was their day off, but has they've had 3 weeks of I can see no reason for them not turning up.

Nobody on the pitch at Cheapside yesterday? Weird that. I wonder if they were doing anything on Tuesday evening that meant they weren't having a full day of standard training the next day?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
arryarryarry
March 4, 2021, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from diehardmariner
Nah it's not.  

That will mean he will have to go back to picking some of Holloway's squad then?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
ginnywings
March 4, 2021, 6:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DB

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwk38srACrA
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
arryarryarry
March 4, 2021, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB

I agree that a manager should not apologise for every poor performance, and I cannot see why he should. Rub of the pitch, unexpected injury, bad ref decision etc.. What does get to me is game after game after game. We can all see he has got it wrong, selection, balance, tactics etc. Nothing is working for him and he should have the guts to apologise. It's not a big deal, we are make decisions and mainly most people get them right and when wrong most apologise.

It is his job to sort out Towns problems and he hasn't. He was brought in to make sure we stay in the league and he created a new team in; tactics, motivation (have seen much of that) is all down to him. At some stage he has to man up and accept the responsibility he has.

To me it's very simple if he cannot do any of the above then he's giving us bullsh!t, a different type to Holloways but the end result is crap; and you don't need bog roll to wipe it.

DB, you used to be so positive, win every game etc.

Are you OK?
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
DB
March 4, 2021, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

Nobody on the pitch at Cheapside yesterday? Weird that. I wonder if they were doing anything on Tuesday evening that meant they weren't having a full day of standard training the next day?

They didn't do anything on the pitch apart from turn up otherwise their wouldn't be so many comments about how bad they were. What exactly did they do to be praised? When you played as bad as they did they don't deserve a day off, as I posted they have had 3 weeks off. Their are many occasions when teams have had to go in on Sundays for extra training and Tuesday game was certainly one of them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hursts Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.