Hagrid
March 3, 2021, 9:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from Simon
I can't stand to even listen to him on the radio he's so dull so can you imagine his team talks

Grow up. Rather Hurst than blabbermouth Bullshit Holloway. bottom licking Bignot.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
RonMariner
March 3, 2021, 11:42am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,007
Gold Stars: 216
Depressing listening. It reminds me of the later Holloway interviews, but without the eccentric phrases.

In both cases the manager seems at a loss to understand why the players are not performing. Sounds like a guy with the right questions but no answers.

I agree that he gives the impression that he thinks we are going down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Simon
March 3, 2021, 11:52am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Hagrid

Grow up. Rather Hurst than blabbermouth Bullshit Holloway. bottom licking Bignot.

Who the fcuk are you telling to grow up!!!

He's the most dull bloke i have ever listened to & totally clueless

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
RonMariner
March 3, 2021, 12:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,007
Gold Stars: 216
On a human level I feel sorry for the guy. But football is a results business and it's down to the manager to turn it round. He knows that he will be sacked if he doesn't and he knew what he was getting himself into.

From that interview he sounds like he is just about at his wits end. He has signed a load of new players, but they are not delivering. He sounds as frustrated as we are.

This is not going to end well for him, or for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
chipsandgravy
March 3, 2021, 12:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from RonMariner
On a human level I feel sorry for the guy. But football is a results business and it's down to the manager to turn it round. He knows that he will be sacked if he doesn't and he knew what he was getting himself into.

From that interview he sounds like he is just about at his wits end. He has signed a load of new players, but they are not delivering. He sounds as frustrated as we are.

This is not going to end well for him, or for us.

He sounded like he knew that he was heading for the wilderness of non league again. Probably thinking what the hell happened from Championship with Ipswich to here.  I can see us being more like a Chesterfield in the future. Dispiriting for us all including him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
grimsby pete
March 3, 2021, 12:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Let's see if the subs start on Saturday seeing he said They showed that they wanted to be out there and they did make a difference.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Madeleymariner
March 3, 2021, 12:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
The subs will make no difference if he starts them in an 8-1-1 formation again, they only looked decent because they were allowed to attack rather than all sit within 30 yrds of their own goal line all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
oochiad
March 3, 2021, 1:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Why is he setting us up so wrong! It’s as clear as daylight for us all watching.....I wish he would explain his selections, clearly he has to start with the team that finished last night but will he??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
DB
March 3, 2021, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from smokey111

Very unfair to compare him with IH. Whatever the outcome of this season, he has more integrity in his little finger than IH.

I agree with you about integrity, I listened to what he said and last night his tone and words was just like Holloway's before he resigned. The modern words are 'it is what it is'.

The Harrogate game in his post match he said he thought his game plan was right, even though we lost. Crawley post he said Crawley played better football than us and we did a bit. I saw a dam good effort from Crawley and little of anything from Town. Last night he said we play better after the subs came on.

I really thought he was going to improve thing but his post match interviews are not inspiring. Win at Harrogate, played good football against Crawley and improved last night. What sort of mushrooms does he think we are. I used my eyes and saw nothing.

I was sucked in by Holloway like everybody and do not like what he did to the club in his and Fenty's reign. All I can see is the same thing with Hurst and his interview did not improve the situation. What I did expect was an apology and didn't get one.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
forza ivano
March 3, 2021, 1:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from oochiad
Why is he setting us up so wrong! It’s as clear as daylight for us all watching.....I wish he would explain his selections, clearly he has to start with the team that finished last night but will he??

much as i agree with you i think he knows that morais and Hanson aren't able to give him 90 minutes - they need a bit of looking after at their age! Plus i think he feels that if we start with 2 relatively immobile players up front we are in danger of being over run at the other end (given that we cant even defend properly when we've got 11 players behind the ball!)

fwiw i'd start with the shop and payne who played up front together at Shrews and i'd play Harbegham who likewise played alongside Waterfall at the Imps.
He also has to sort out Matete because it's been noticeable how he only seems to spark into life once Rose has disappeared. Maybe Coke would be abetter fit, especially if he is able to 'talk' Matete through the game.
Adams and the Tunisian lad aren't doing enough for me, whereas lamy gave Orient a bit to think about last night.
so you'd have a defence of Hendrie/Hewitt, Menayese, Waterfall and Harbergham, amidfield of Coke, Matete, Lamy & Morais plus the shop and payne up front

simple isn't it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hursts Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.