2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
DB
March 1, 2021, 8:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
New month and 8 games, 24 points and survival at stake. Hopefully the deal will be done and new owners soon. My red wine has worn off and thinking about Orient a definite win. Eastwood will keep a clean sheet and among the rest somebody will poke one in.

Are we staying up, off course we are. The negatives of Saturdays crap have diminished and my positives are coming through. We're fans, supporters and we have to be optimistic.  

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
denni266
March 1, 2021, 9:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Sorry but i just dont see any change with Mr Hurst in charge.  Too negative in his planning when we need to get forward and score goals . We may win the odd one here and there  and of course everyone will be saying we turned the corner when we have not,. And i for one will not be putting money in to a non league team next season . Hope i am proved wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
KingstonMariner
March 1, 2021, 9:51am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If we win our home games we’ll stay up. We could lose the away games. Obviously we won’t win all of the home games and we won’t lose all of the away games.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Northbank Mariner
March 1, 2021, 9:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,442
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from denni266
Sorry but i just dont see any change with Mr Hurst in charge.  Too negative in his planning when we need to get forward and score goals . We may win the odd one here and there  and of course everyone will be saying we turned the corner when we have not,. And i for one will not be putting money in to a non league team next season . Hope i am proved wrong

Typical that, you either support town or you don't!..you don't get to pick n choose if you have GTFC at heart..I'll follow this club until the last breath leaves my lungs, through thick, thin, good and bad times...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
DB
March 1, 2021, 10:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from denni266

So put some positivity into keeping the team in league 2

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
DB
March 1, 2021, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Typical that, you either support town or you don't!..you don't get to pick n choose if you have GTFC at heart..I'll follow this club until the last breath leaves my lungs, through thick, thin, good and bad times...

So will I down when they lose, but up for the next game

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
arryarryarry
March 1, 2021, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB

So put some positivity into keeping the team in league 2

As I have tried to mention before, motivation, positivity etc means nothing, what we need is someone to score goals and to stop them going in the other end.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
DB
March 1, 2021, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

As I have tried to mention before, motivation, positivity etc means nothing, what we need is someone to score goals and to stop them going in the other end.

I agree and we now have Eastwood. As I've posted our top scorer is Pollock a defender! At this stage I'm past caring who scores as long as one of them does.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
RonMariner
March 1, 2021, 4:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,535
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Obviously we won’t win all of the home games and we won’t lose all of the away games.

Well we have lost our last 7 away games on the trot, so don't be too sure.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
DB
March 1, 2021, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

Well we have lost our last 7 away games on the trot, so don't be too sure.

So we're due a win at Carlisle a week tomorrow, even though I think it'll be a draw.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
moosey_club
March 1, 2021, 7:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,197
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from DB

I agree and we now have Eastwood. As I've posted our top scorer is Pollock a defender! At this stage I'm past caring who scores as long as one of them does.

So this  wave of optimism you are trying to create is based on Pollock or Eastwood scoring the goals to win our games ?
🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
DB
March 1, 2021, 7:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

So this  wave of optimism you are trying to create is based on Pollock or Eastwood scoring the goals to win our games ?
🤣

Silly question

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
DB
March 2, 2021, 8:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Wins for Cheltenham, Harrogate and a definite win for us will take us of the bottom. Fantastic way to start the day full of positive optimism.

Absolutely staying up.

UTM

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Start of a new era and all that

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.