BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 5, 2021, 1:26am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ginnywings
A frame mounting bracket solves the carrying of the lock. That's where mine was stored.

If you've got bags etc on the top tube and a second bottle cage on the seat tube it doesn't leave a lot of space for a mounting bracket. Not so bad if you've got panniers though, then theres no need for a bag hung from your top tube.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
Humbercod
March 5, 2021, 2:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,492
Gold Stars: 82

A bit on the heavy side though and there is nowhere to carry it on your bike if you've already got loads of bags etc. They are good locks though.

What bike do you have?

Trek Checkpoint! Wasn’t much available to choose from last year but it’s been a good bike very comfortable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 5, 2021, 3:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Very nice bike.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
ginnywings
March 6, 2021, 1:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
We are hoping to get to this area after lockdown is lifted. We plan to do Easter Ross, Wester Ross, Sutherland and the Assynt Mountains, before heading up the top end and ferrying to Orkney and the Shetlands.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
cmackenzie4
March 6, 2021, 1:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I was only watching that video last week Ginny, I commented on it, you won’t be disappointed with Shetland, I can remember being on the Northlink ferry going to Shetland in a force 9 gale  😂 I recommend Eshaness and St Ninian’s isle what beautiful places they are mate, My brother and sister live in Lerwick, my dad is buried on Shetland.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
Mariner Timsky
March 12, 2021, 1:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
What a fantastic thread this is!! Watched all the fascinating videos

And it just so happens I have recently got into Wild Camping and on a separate thing I have also been looking at a trip to the West of Scotland to go with the family - and you guys have mentioned lots of places and more that I have already researched on

Sorry cmackenzie64 I dont know your name but love to hear your tips on Wildcamping and where you have been

I am new into it so got budget gear - so will be looking to upgrade for when I can get back out and we are allowed to travel freely again - I'm sure we can get away with it now but Its not worth the risk eh and any possible fines etc

Yes great thread all and so refreshing from Town chat!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
cmackenzie4
March 12, 2021, 7:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
What a fantastic thread this is!! Watched all the fascinating videos

And it just so happens I have recently got into Wild Camping and on a separate thing I have also been looking at a trip to the West of Scotland to go with the family - and you guys have mentioned lots of places and more that I have already researched on

Sorry cmackenzie64 I dont know your name but love to hear your tips on Wildcamping and where you have been

I am new into it so got budget gear - so will be looking to upgrade for when I can get back out and we are allowed to travel freely again - I'm sure we can get away with it now but Its not worth the risk eh and any possible fines etc

Yes great thread all and so refreshing from Town chat!

My names Chris and will help you wherever I can mate, I’ve been to the lakes at least 100 times and wild camped over 50 nights in the lakes, I’ve also camped over 100 nights in Scotland in places like Glencoe, Cape Wrath, Torridon, Isle of Skye, Knoydart, Sandwood bay, along the North coast (on the beaches) I’ve also camped on Shetland and Isle of Mull, I can recommend all these places especially Glencoe as the Lost valley is easily accessible from the road (A82) any info needed let me know and I’ll help you with kit and recommendations (depending on budget) it’s a fantastic hobby mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
Les Brechin
March 12, 2021, 8:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from cmackenzie4

My names Chris and will help you wherever I can mate, I’ve been to the lakes at least 100 times and wild camped over 50 nights in the lakes, I’ve also camped over 100 nights in Scotland in places like Glencoe, Cape Wrath, Torridon, Isle of Skye, Knoydart, Sandwood bay, along the North coast (on the beaches) I’ve also camped on Shetland and Isle of Mull, I can recommend all these places especially Glencoe as the Lost valley is easily accessible from the road (A82) any info needed let me know and I’ll help you with kit and recommendations (depending on budget) it’s a fantastic hobby mate.

Ha ha, I initially read that as kilt!  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
DB
March 12, 2021, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Les Brechin

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 13, 2021, 2:04am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Les Brechin

You and Chris are always awar in the heelands, in yer heids, if not in reality.  Bloody Jocks. 😉😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › YouTube videos of beautiful places

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.