This thread currently has 3,678 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 2, 2021, 12:30am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

A beautiful place, Oludeniz Turkey Blue Lagoon.

A bit packed when we visited but amazing.

Our Hotel was in Calis Beach, full of Germans.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
ginnywings
March 2, 2021, 12:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from ska face

Was fortunate enough to spend a few days walking round here in 2019, absolutely unreal.

Had a day driving through there and an overnight stay in some log cabin complex with a central bar and restaurant. It was memorable in more ways than one. Me and my mate went for something to eat and a few  beers and this guy just walked up to our table, sat down and said, " Hi, I'm Bobby and I'm gay". Turns out, he thought we were with some gay group that were meeting up for a weekend hike. Americans are not backward in coming forward.

As we were leaving the bar later, the barman, who we had spent a good part of the night chatting to said, "See ya fellers, watch out for the bears on your way back". It took us quite a while to find our cabin in the dark as they all looked exactly the same and were spaced out randomly. Never sobered up so quick in my life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 2, 2021, 1:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Had a day driving through there and an overnight stay in some log cabin complex with a central bar and restaurant. It was memorable in more ways than one. Me and my mate went for something to eat and a few  beers and this guy just walked up to our table, sat down and said, " Hi, I'm Bobby and I'm gay". Turns out, he thought we were with some gay group that were meeting up for a weekend hike. Americans are not backward in coming forward.

As we were leaving the bar later, the barman, who we had spent a good part of the night chatting to said, "See ya fellers, watch out for the bears on your way back". It took us quite a while to find our cabin in the dark as they all looked exactly the same and were spaced out randomly. Never sobered up so quick in my life.

You do realise ‘bear’ is gay slang don’t you? 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 2, 2021, 1:40pm
Meths Drinker
Stayed in the only hotel in Yosemite for a couple of nights back in the early 90s. Real old school white wooden buildings. Great place.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
cmackenzie4
March 2, 2021, 4:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Some great places visited on here, I quite fancy New Zealand one of these days, it’s a place I’ve always wanted to go, anyone else been?  I also like the look of Canada.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
Les Brechin
March 2, 2021, 6:45pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Some great places visited on here, I quite fancy New Zealand one of these days, it’s a place I’ve always wanted to go, anyone else been?  I also like the look of Canada.

I'm pretty much buggered now, as due to medical advice, I've been told that I should not take any flight over 2 hours long.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until I'm retired and go on a round the world cruise to visit the more exotic places of the world.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 2, 2021, 7:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I visited Wellington on my families return from Oz. I was 2. Managed to spend a day in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 2018. It rained. There you go, my experiences of New Zealand and Canada, hope this helps.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
cmackenzie4
March 2, 2021, 7:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33

I visited Wellington on my families return from Oz. I was 2. Managed to spend a day in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 2018. It rained. There you go, my experiences of New Zealand and Canada, hope this helps.

That made me laugh mate, good one. 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
ginnywings
March 2, 2021, 11:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You do realise ‘bear’ is gay slang don’t you? 😆

Yeah, I do realise that but it was a long time ago and I don't think the whole gay bear thing was a thing yet.

We did ask what type of bears they were and was told Brown bears, not as dangerous as Grizzly's, but you wouldn't want to meet one in the dark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 3, 2021, 2:51am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, I do realise that but it was a long time ago and I don't think the whole gay bear thing was a thing yet.

We did ask what type of bears they were and was told Brown bears, not as dangerous as Grizzly's, but you wouldn't want to meet one in the dark.

Of course not 😆

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › YouTube videos of beautiful places

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.