DB
February 27, 2021, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Plankton

That's a positive but I don't believe we have the ability to make good on that.

The last few minutes showed some ability but Hurst failed in his tactics and to build on Tuesday's win.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 114
DB
February 27, 2021, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Hurst thinks we deserved a point after that!

Someone pointed the way home, tail between his legs and excuse is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 114
lee65
February 27, 2021, 6:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from marinerdazza
I did have some deluded optimism, but it’s gone.

I thought we fluked Tuesday night, frankly, but I hoped it might spark them on to better things.

Everything about that game was dreadful. Reminded me of non league. Which is appropriate.

That striker who came on reminded me of a Sunday “pub” league never mind non league, but he was still too good for us  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 114
DB
February 27, 2021, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Garth
We will be ok when the grounds get better, we are not a mud playing team

Other teams play in all conditions and put us to shame, the excuses have run out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 114
essexexile
February 27, 2021, 6:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC
There is nothing positive I can take from that which would make me have a modicum of hope that we’ll stay up.

Agreed, and what’s worse is we changed a winning side, sat back on that pitch and relied on a young keeper to keep us in it
One goal settled it and surprise surprise they got it with a sub striker, pity ours wasn’t taken off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 114
lee65
February 27, 2021, 6:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from pen penfras

LJL has been ok in the very limited time he's been on the pitch. He's laid off as many good balls as Hanson and Payne with a fraction of the time and been in good positions in the box. I'd rather he started than Hanson, who seems to win a fair few balls but they never go near anybody else.

Agree re Lenny, he had some nice touches in the time he was on, should be one of the starters in a 442
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 114
essexexile
February 27, 2021, 6:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from DB

The last few minutes showed some ability but Hurst failed in his tactics and to build on Tuesday's win.

Should have played the same side forget Tuesday Saturday it’s all about points on the board
We sat back brought em on showed fcuk all upfront
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 114
DB
February 27, 2021, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
That was as bad as we have seen all season.

Absolute dog excrement

You didn't watch the Tranmere game, dog excrement was compliment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 114
kafunanapar140909
February 27, 2021, 6:19pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Approval: +574
Gold Stars: 50
In my mind we've only had a couple of games with a team that Hurst has built (and even then he has clearly not got who he wanted - those comments about players not wanting to come to a bottom-of-the-table club were quite telling). Bumming around with IH's cast-offs was a waste of time, though unavoidable until finding people who actually wanted to sign for us.

I do get the gameplan today. Harrogate are all about launching the ball into the box at every opportunity, so he wanted a few big defenders to be able to deal with that. To be fair, we did deal with pretty much all that was thrown at us, until we switched off once and Beck took advantage.

The real issue, as ever, is how toothless up front we looked. 3-5-2/5-3-2 is fine if, in attack, the full-backs push up, which they obviously didn't. Even on the occasions when a long ball forward found Payne/Hanson, neither seemed capable of holding up the ball until support from the likes of El Mizouni (very quiet today) and Matete (looks shattered) came.

I'd quite like him to say "right, this is our system and we're sticking to it". Then at least if we're forced into some rotation (inevitable with our fixture list) the players *should* automatically know the patterns and the gameplan expected of them. And I would like that system to be his 4-4-2 because there is a better balance between defence and attack IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 114
DB
February 27, 2021, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Team selection for Orient on Tuesday :-

Eastwood

10 anothers

who must have Black and white shirts, football boots and ability to ignore managers negative instructions.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.