This thread currently has 16,300 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
February 27, 2021, 5:48pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

And to make the day even worse we're losing to Wales plus the ref in the rugby.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 114
chrissy
February 27, 2021, 5:48pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
I would rather we go down fighting for a win from the off than playing it tight hoping to Nick a 1-0.I

Come on Hursty let's try and win the game from the start of the game not just in the last ten minutes.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 114
Azimuth
February 27, 2021, 5:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58
Hurst thinks we deserved a point after that!

And there is part of the problem, he would have been happy with a point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 114
dicko995
February 27, 2021, 5:55pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
absolutely shambolic, what do the players do in training? Hurst,s choice of team weird, 2 centre forwards, no wingers, there was no attack at all, Waterfall hoofing all the time, i fear the worst now, i did expect us to press on from the Newport game where i thought we played really well, all gone out the window now, 2 home games now and they are crucial, time is ticking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 114
pen penfras
February 27, 2021, 5:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’m sometimes skeptical on how a manager can be wholly at fault for a team losing a football match but today is the most blatant example that I think I’ve ever seen.

An absolutely awful selection, my girlfriend has painstakingly watched every game with me this year (even says ‘we’ now despite being a Spurs fan) and even she pointed out that we’d started two slow lumps up top yet no wingers at all to cross the ball into them. Pure stupidity.

Menayese and Coke look dreadful signings & Payne is only better than what we had based on the fact we had Green & Gibson before him. LJL has proven to be exactly what people were slated for thinking he was, a (false) nostalgia signing with very little thought behind it.

We look just as bad as we did under Holloway and the form proves that.

LJL has been ok in the very limited time he's been on the pitch. He's laid off as many good balls as Hanson and Payne with a fraction of the time and been in good positions in the box. I'd rather he started than Hanson, who seems to win a fair few balls but they never go near anybody else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 114
headingly_mariner
February 27, 2021, 5:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Thought Hurst got it wrong today and didn’t rectify it. There was point in the game that changes would be key, they made them and we didn’t. On to Tuesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 114
TAGG
February 27, 2021, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
That was as bad as we have seen all season.

Absolute dog excrement

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 114
grimsby pete
February 27, 2021, 6:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Very very poor that's all I can say.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 114
Withnail
February 27, 2021, 6:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,425
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from chrissy
I would rather we go down fighting for a win from the off than playing it tight hoping to Nick a 1-0.I

Come on Hursty let's try and win the game from the start of the game not just in the last ten minutes.

This ⬆️ Time to put our kock on the block and treat every game like a cup final. If we can win one in two (big if) - or even one in three - and pick up the odd draw, we'll be fine.

What we can't do is set up for a goaless draw week in week out and keep losing.

I'm disappointed, frustrated and deflated by today's result but I've certainly not given up hope, nor written us off.

I appreciate being cup half empty is a coping mechanism for some but if you were a Town  player and saw some of the constant comments on here and on social saying "we're doomed", "we're down"..."the players are shite"...etc...do you think it would have a positive or negative impact on your motivation and morale? I'd guess the latter. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Let's get behind the players and give them our 100% encouragement and support between now and the end of the season. You never know...it might prove the difference between league football and the abyss next season.  UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 114
DB
February 27, 2021, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from promotion plaice

Fenty and his cronies and Runaway are mainly to blame but Hurst also has to take some blame now.

Does anyone really think we have the quality now to stay up because I don't.

Would love to be proved wrong but can't see it.

I agree, but the players only do what Hurst tells them. We never looked like an attacking force till they scored. The team then started to show glimpses of what they can do. I fail to see how a 10/11 man defence is going to win any games. Up to the goal Hurst's tactics were identical to the Crawley game when we got lucky.

Todays defeat is down to him. He wants to think himself very lucky that Eastwood is turning out to be a brilliant goalkeeper otherwise it would have been a heavier loss.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.