Fillipe and the Bullies

This thread currently has 6,044 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 25, 2021, 12:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,135
Gold Stars: 289
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

With respect, I feel you are wrong and have judged me poorly.

Go and have a look at the topics I’ve contributed to, and as far as I’m concerned, I’ve given accurate opinion, often backed up. Go and look again at

The takeover by the consortium topic.
The Alex May topic
The John Fenty resigning from the council topic.

Just because there are people on here that do not agree with my point of view, it doesn’t mean I’m wrong or right, or aggressive, or trying to portray myself as a victim. Neither is it an excuse for others on here to lower themselves to such a degree, that they become unkind and abusing towards me. Some would say that is a sign of weakness in character, when folk struggle to accept the opinion or views of others without becoming offensive. Maybe people like that shouldn’t be debating things if that’s how wound up and offensive they become, just because of the opinion of another.

"as far as I am concerned, I've given an accurate opinion" may be the quote of the day. It says everything about your position and attitude.

An opinion is a view, it is open to interpretation. It can be agreed with or disagreed with. Opinions are not accurate or inaccurate. They are subjective.

Accuracy is a measure of statistics or data. Facts or not facts. Irrefutable if accurate.

Of course you believe that your opinion is accurate, it's your opinion. But it's not accurate. Because it's an opinion. It can't be accurate or inaccurate.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
It Bites
February 25, 2021, 1:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.43
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,228
Gold Stars: 253
[quote=799]People go on a public platform, get disagreement with their views and cry bully.

Social media is what it is. Folk will have a different view, sometimes expressed calmly, sometimes vociferously. Filter out the guff, or why bother? For every 'bully', there are 3 or 4 people who have a sensible debate.

There are certain posters who do my head in, but they have a right to reply, so I tend to skip over their contributions.

It's the abuse that's thrown at someone for having an opinion . Options aren't FACTS so why get abusive over them ? I blame the media who constantly use opinions as news .

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
MarinerMal
February 25, 2021, 1:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
The trolls are in danger of over running this site, now.  

If you see someone who posts something that is blatantly untrue, such as about how wonderful John Fenty has been for GTFC, you know what they are after.

Don't give it to them. They'll soon get bored.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
DB
February 25, 2021, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,951
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from It Bites
[quote=799]People go on a public platform, get disagreement with their views and cry bully.

Social media is what it is. Folk will have a different view, sometimes expressed calmly, sometimes vociferously. Filter out the guff, or why bother? For every 'bully', there are 3 or 4 people who have a sensible debate.

There are certain posters who do my head in, but they have a right to reply, so I tend to skip over their contributions.

It's the abuse that's thrown at someone for having an opinion . Options aren't FACTS so why get abusive over them ? I blame the media who constantly use opinions as news .

This is what you are doing now

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
DB
February 25, 2021, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,951
Gold Stars: 386
Shouldn't this thread be non football.

Why ? It's all related to how we discuss Towns problems and future success.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
friskneymariner
February 25, 2021, 1:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38

There you go again. This time cruelly having a go at someone for an innocent spelling error.

I see spelling errors from many people, often people who aren’t particularly well educated, maybe even dyslexic to some degree. But they still make a good job of getting their communication across within their own limitations. They don’t need ridiculing for it. They need praising for it.

Some people hey.

Keep posting Fillipe all good material for my case study.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
friskneymariner
February 25, 2021, 1:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38

Go and have a look at the topics I’ve contributed to, and as far as I’m concerned, I’ve given accurate opinion, often backed up. Go and look again at

The Alex May topic

Just because there are people on here that do not agree with my point of view, it doesn’t mean I’m wrong or right, or aggressive, or trying to portray myself as a victim. Neither is it an excuse for others on here to lower themselves to such a degree, that they become unkind and abusing towards me. Some would say that is a sign of weakness in character, when folk struggle to accept the opinion or views of others without becoming offensive. Maybe people like that shouldn’t be debating things if that’s how wound up and offensive they become, just because of the opinion of another.

Give over you love it,it most likely fulfills some unmet need you have probably emanating from some childhood trauma,very sad you have to seek your therapy on here .I am available for private consultations  at a very reasonable fee

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 25, 2021, 1:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,135
Gold Stars: 289
Quoted from friskneymariner

Keep posting Fillipe all good material for my case study.

If you haven't already, read The Psycopath Test by Jon Ronson. Very insightful.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
February 25, 2021, 1:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB

Why ? It's all related to how we discuss Towns problems and future success.

No it isn't. It is a thread about forum politics and alleged bullying of posters for having contrary opinions. It's only connection with football matters pertaining to Grimsby Town is that it has been initiated on a Grimsby Town football forum.

We may as well have the thread you started about Jesus on the football board as it's related to how Grimsby Town fans discuss Jesus and faith.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 25, 2021, 1:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552

The Alex May topic

Having been present on the forum when you arrived at the end of December, I do seem to remember you insinuating that you had joined to stir things up because you were bored (or something to that effect).

If you are being sincere now, then you have my respect, even if our views and opinions may differ.

Hopefully we can all move on soon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fillipe and the Bullies

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.