Our target

This thread currently has 7,412 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 25, 2021, 4:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,194
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from DB

I'm all for that ££££££££ is the best incentive

Ha! Actually it's not....

Most corporate surveys (usually by HR teams) come back with money being about the 4th most important motivator for people. Things like fulfilling roles, personal development and being supported by your manager score higher.

Money becomes a key motivator when you are low paid or paid below the average for your role or industry.

But, for some individuals it is more important than other factors. You may be one of those individuals.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 69
DB
February 25, 2021, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386

Most corporate surveys (usually by HR teams) come back with money being about the 4th most important motivator for people. Things like fulfilling roles, personal development and being supported by your manager score higher.

Money becomes a key motivator when you are low paid or paid below the average for your role or industry.

But, for some individuals it is more important than other factors. You may be one of those individuals.

So were in 23rd place and your motivation speech to the players is 'I want you to support me and I will help you to fulfil your role for the team and personal development'

My motivation speech would be ' £1,000 each for every game you win paid after were safe from relegation. Relegated nothing'

Now the players are probably paid the average but an extra 18 games , £18,000, to me is a very good incentive.

Which do you think sounds the best if you were a player

For me personally their were and are many factors that motivate me including money which pays the bills and puts food on the table. Belief in Jesus Christ is also a good motivator.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 69
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 25, 2021, 5:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from DB

So were in 23rd place and your motivation speech to the players is 'I want you to support me and I will help you to fulfil your role for the team and personal development'

My motivation speech would be ' £1,000 each for every game you win paid after were safe from relegation. Relegated nothing'

Now the players are probably paid the average but an extra 18 games , £18,000, to me is a very good incentive.

Which do you think sounds the best if you were a player

For me personally their were and are many factors that motivate me including money which pays the bills and puts food on the table. Belief in Jesus Christ is also a good motivator.

I could have sworn that this was in response to my post about offering the players a bonus for every point they got.

Belief in Jesus Christ will not get us a single point and won't make any of our players play better.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 69
RonMariner
February 25, 2021, 6:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224

Belief in Jesus Christ will not get us a single point and won't make any of our players play better.

Indeed, because Jesus saves and Payne knocks in the rebound.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 69
DB
February 25, 2021, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I could have sworn that this was in response to my post about offering the players a bonus for every point they got.

Amazing how many players look up to the sky and make the sign of the cross when they go onto the pitch.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 69
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 25, 2021, 6:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from DB

Amazing how many players look up to the sky and make the sign of the cross when they go onto the pitch.

Undeniable proof of Jesus' intervention in the outcome of Grimsby games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 69
DB
February 25, 2021, 6:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Undeniable proof of Jesus' intervention in the outcome of Grimsby games.

I'm pleased you think so

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 69
pen penfras
February 25, 2021, 7:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71

That  survey is about job satisfaction, not motivation. It's satisfying being told you've done a good job, but the motivation is not the same thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 69
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 25, 2021, 8:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

That  survey is about job satisfaction, not motivation. It's satisfying being told you've done a good job, but the motivation is not the same thing.

I'm referring to several surveys and they were about motivation. Although motivation and job satisfaction have a close link. People who have job satisfaction tend to be more motivated and demonstrate greater discretionary effort than other colleagues.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 69
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 25, 2021, 8:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from DB

I'm pleased you think so

I don't. If there was a God I would hope that he or she might have some more important things to do than worry about the result at Blundell Park.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our target

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.