Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › TV Times
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 30 Guests

TV Times

This thread currently has 13,889 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
March 16, 2021, 2:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Bloodlands 5/10

Northern Irish police officer DCI Tom Brannick connects a kidnapping with an infamous cold case with enormous personal significance.

Had promise but failed to deliver and avoid the normal tropes.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 318
Sandford1981
March 30, 2021, 7:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Latest series of Unforgotten
8/10

Thoroughly enjoyed this and possibly my favourite one yet.

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 318
Sandford1981
April 7, 2021, 4:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Derek 9/10

Derek is a loyal nursing home care assistant who sees only the good in his quirky co-workers as they struggle against prejudice and shrinking budgets to care for their elderly residents.

Despite being a big fan of Ricky Gervais’, I’d resisted people’s recommendations on the misguided assumption of what this programme was and the misconception I wouldn’t like it. I gave in, as part of an agreement with a mate who hadn’t seen ‘extras’.

So glad I did, it was surprising and had me crying tears of laughter and sentiment too. Shares a lot in common with ‘after life’. Brilliant!.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 318
ginnywings
April 7, 2021, 8:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
American Gods.

Just finished series 3 of this. It's a bit weird and is very graphic in a comic way. The story of the battle between the old traditional gods and the new gods of the media and telecommunication, for the hearts and minds of the populace.

The excellent Ian Mcshane plays Mr Wednesday, who is really the God Odin the All Father, who rallies around to unite the old gods to fight against what they see as a threat to their existence as nobody believes in them any more.

I really enjoyed this but a mate of mine hated it, so definitely an acquired taste.

8/10
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 318
KingstonMariner
April 7, 2021, 9:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
American Gods.

Just finished series 3 of this. It's a bit weird and is very graphic in a comic way. The story of the battle between the old traditional gods and the new gods of the media and telecommunication, for the hearts and minds of the populace.

The excellent Ian Mcshane plays Mr Wednesday, who is really the God Odin the All Father, who rallies around to unite the old gods to fight against what they see as a threat to their existence as nobody believes in them any more.

I really enjoyed this but a mate of mine hated it, so definitely an acquired taste.

8/10

So basically Lovejoy is Grim. Grim being one of Odin’s personas. 😁

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 318
Sandford1981
April 13, 2021, 10:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Cardinal 8/10

Set in Canada with a Scandinavian noir to it.
Just finished the last episode. Really good. Shame there will not be more.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 318
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 14, 2021, 7:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from Sandford1981
Bloodlands 5/10

Northern Irish police officer DCI Tom Brannick connects a kidnapping with an infamous cold case with enormous personal significance.

Had promise but failed to deliver and avoid the normal tropes.

I’m definitely with you on this one too. Not a fan of James Nesbitt at the best of times. It was ok up until the end of episode 2 (I’ll avoid spoilers) then it just became silly.

Waste of a good cast. Chris Walley (Young Offenders) stole the show and Michael Smiley (Luther, Kill List) always provides plenty of dark humour. Quite a few of the ‘Derry Girls’ actors were in it too.

Nesbitt’s a scum fan too and not ashamed to shout it from the Mournes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 318
ginnywings
April 14, 2021, 9:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Sandford1981
Cardinal 8/10

Set in Canada with a Scandinavian noir to it.
Just finished the last episode. Really good. Shame there will not be more.

I forgot about Cardinal.

Watched the first series, maybe the second too, can't remember.

I too thought it was really good. Will check out the ones I missed. Maybe watch again from scratch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 318
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 15, 2021, 12:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Watergate on BBC4 is a documentary series about the demise of Nixon told through the mouths of those who took part. It was made by the Beeb in 2004 I believe, thirty years after the event. So it has input from people who have since died. I must have missed this first time round as I remember Watergate well and Deep Throat of course but this is good, informative and I'd recommend it to anyone who wasn't around at the time and wants to know what US Presidential politics is all about.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 318
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 15, 2021, 3:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,194
Gold Stars: 291
If you've got Sky: The Flight Attendant.

Veers from comedy to dark drama. Great cast. I watched the first one thinking 'I'll give it a go..' but really enjoyed it.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 318
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › TV Times

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.