29 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
February 23, 2021, 9:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,005
Gold Stars: 216
26 points from 18 games somehow seems far less daunting than 29 from 19.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 286
fishcake63
February 23, 2021, 9:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,235
Gold Stars: 62
Well think that could just about scunny apart be our worst performance yet under ph but a massive 3 points pity barrow won , fancy us to go on a run now 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 286
chelseacity
February 23, 2021, 9:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +355
Gold Stars: 9
A new team of footballers, far from brilliant, but a win, i think the players will be relieved along with the management & us fans, there is now some light in the tunnel, i happen to think a weight has been lifted here & i believe we will improve on the back of this. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 286
Withnail
February 23, 2021, 9:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,425
Gold Stars: 33
Bloody marvellous. All about the result tonjght.

Let's kick on and get a run going now we've got the monkey off our back.

If we do, Barrow winning tonight will be completely irrelevant, as will Southend's result tomorrow night and the outcome of the league that should never be mentioned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 286
ginnywings
February 23, 2021, 9:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Never watched the game tonight, didn't listen to the commentary and didn't look at the result before reading this thread.

Reading the comments on how cr@p we were/are, imagine my surprise that when I get to half time, we are drawing and at full time we have won.

Judging by some of the comments, we have a worse defence than your average Sunday league team, a terrible midfield, and ineffective strikers.

How on earth did we win?  

Given our team is still getting to know each other; the lack of confidence that come from a long winless run and the terrible weather tonight, I am absolutely ecstatic that we have picked up three points.

Just seen that Barrow won away, which takes the edge off a bit, but you can't control what others are doing.

All in all, a decent week for us results wise apart from the Barrow result tonight and I'm convinced that some other sides are going to drop down to the bottom end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 286
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 23, 2021, 9:31pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
And 4 of the next 6 matches we have are at home so maybe........just maybe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 286
DB
February 23, 2021, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
It wasn't a good performance by any means, but it was 3 points and a start.

As the saying goes play well and deserve to win you lose. Play crap and win you get  3 points. In our position I'll take a crap game and niceties can start next season.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 286
Poojah
February 23, 2021, 9:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
It's odd, I watched the game without particularly following this thread and I really didn't think the performance was that bad; in fact I thought it was a marked improvement on anything I'd seen in the late Holloway / early Hurst days.

We didn't create enough, but I thought we went forward with far more vigour and more ideas than we have for some time, and I at least felt like we had a midfield. Lack of goals aside, the midfield has been the area of greatest concern in recent weeks and I though the likes of Matete and El Mizouni, plus an improved Rose, looked a lot more robust and energetic than previous line-ups.

Was it perfect? No. Bunney in particular looked suspect, though I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt given that he became a dad only yesterday, and there is work to be done at both ends of the pitch. But let's not forget, that is the first time we have taken so much as a point off a top-half side since we beat Cheltenham on 12th October. In fact, if I'm not mistaken it's the only other time we've done that all season.

For me, it's massive progress and a sign that we have a fighting chance of getting out of this mess.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 286
Norseman
February 23, 2021, 10:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 48
Can't really judge team performances in conditions like tonight.Lets judge them Saturday if conditions are better. Tonight was all about the win. Which we got in dreadful footballing conditions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 286
DB
February 23, 2021, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Poojah
It's odd, I watched the game without particularly following this thread and I really didn't think the performance was that bad; in fact I thought it was a marked improvement on anything I'd seen in the late Holloway / early Hurst days.

We didn't create enough, but I thought we went forward with far more vigour and more ideas than we have for some time, and I at least felt like we had a midfield. Lack of goals aside, the midfield has been the area of greatest concern in recent weeks and I though the likes of Matete and El Mizouni, plus an improved Rose, looked a lot more robust and energetic than previous line-ups.

Was it perfect? No. Bunney in particular looked suspect, though I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt given that he became a dad only yesterday, and there is work to be done at both ends of the pitch. But let's not forget, that is the first time we have taken so much as a point off a top-half side since we beat Cheltenham on 12th October. In fact, if I'm not mistaken it's the only other time we've done that all season.

For me, it's massive progress and a sign that we have a fighting chance of getting out of this mess.

I must have seen a different match. Defence highly suspect, couldn't cope with the high balls and speed of attackers. Hursty should put Bunny back in his cage. I'm happy for his new family but it's not an excuse for not doing your job, turn up at any work place and say I'm not putting a shift in because I'm a new parent and what do you think would happen?

Engine room needs improvement, couldn't find the attackers. Kept the ball reasonably well but failed to make use of it. They attacked with 5/6 in our box and we attacked with 2 or 3 if we were lucky. They used the wind to there advantage and we didn't, what's more they also showed how to attack facing the wind. I thought Eastwood did well especially stopping the lob shot. His distribution in the wind in the 2nd half let him down a bit but I felt more reassured with him than Macca.

Any performance is better than the end of the oloway era and 3 points from a crap game is always acceptable. We need to do more especially in the last 3rd, stats say 2 shots on target in 90 mins. Not enough and we'll definitely stay up.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 286
29 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.