MuddyWaters
February 23, 2021, 12:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Harsh that. Alan Rutter has worked incredibly hard for the club. He's a good bloke and doesn't deserve your words IMO.

I'm sure he has worked incredibly hard for the current regime. Phrases at Fans Forums like 'keyboard warriors' spring to mind.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
DB
February 23, 2021, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
People forget that Board (Committee) members call them what you like in these type of organisations give their time up freely for the betterment of others. Those I was involved with when was on such committee's had supporters and vocal non supporters.

Any Board are not going to please all their members all of the time but as long as they can please most of the members most of the time then they will be doing a good job. If members disagree attend  meetings, live or virtual, and make your feelings know in writing.

At elections times if you disagree with the current Board get nominate and await the election. If you're voted in you can start to express your views for improvement. If you lose then your views are not popular so accept the fact.

I do not know any members of the Board or those nominated for election. Neither am I a member of the Trust, I will join when Fenty's reign officially ends. What I do not like is people sniping at people who have been nominated for elections. If you don't like them great I don't mind, but give your reasons.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Chrisblor
February 23, 2021, 4:01pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,780
Gold Stars: 233
I'll vote for any of the candidates who pledge to organise an online voting platform for future elections. Getting members to edit a word document and then email or post it in is very 2004.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
forza ivano
February 23, 2021, 4:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Chrisblor
I'll vote for any of the candidates who pledge to organise an online voting platform for future elections. Getting members to edit a word document and then email or post it in is very 2004.

Jesus, Chris - give them a break. There's another little thread on this from last night, on which i commented that they seem to have upped their game in the last couple of months.They've also already taken on board some of the suggestions that was made in the long Trust thread last week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
pizzzza
February 23, 2021, 4:53pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from realist
Get rid of Rutter and things will improve. Read his 900 words of waffle.

Read Rutter's statement, he seems to reel off the good things that the Trust as a whole has achieved rather his individual contributions (as you would expect when said individual is putting themselves forward for election).Talk about taking credit for other peoples work!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
February 23, 2021, 4:56pm
Guest User
Agree with what people have said about Rutter. Think the trusts communication with the fans has gone backwards since he has been involved and I haven’t liked the way he has used his own view points to defend the current regime instead of highlighting the majority of the fans problems with the board.
Reply: 15 - 47
aldi_01
February 23, 2021, 4:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Over 900 words when all the others used around 400-500. I got bored reading it...some definite self adulation in it me thinks...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
Kristine
February 23, 2021, 5:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Duly noted and something we’ve already discussed. As mentioned previously this is the first time it’s been contested, and with other policy work done recently, it’s taken a lot of time but we are looking at ways to make things better.

We have to balance the ease of credible votes (1 per member/actual members) against the volume that an online platform will give us.  Sure there’s an answer; I just ran out of time for this AGM.

Quoted from Chrisblor

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
codcheeky
February 23, 2021, 5:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from aldi_01
Over 900 words when all the others used around 400-500. I got bored reading it...some definite self adulation in it me thinks...

Perhaps a short video for each so we can put faces to statements would also be good, it’s not as if the technology is not there to support this, they are to a large extent names on a list saying similar stuff. I am sure I would recognise a few if they are Town regulars

Edit:- apologies I thought I was replying to Kristine
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
Kristine
February 23, 2021, 5:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
We might look at photos next time. Think a video would unconsciously exclude people. I wouldn’t want to do one for instance, so likely others that would want to stand but wouldn’t do a video.

Quoted from codcheeky

Perhaps a short video for each so we can put faces to statements would also be good, it’s not as if the technology is not there to support this, they are to a large extent names on a list saying similar stuff. I am sure I would recognise a few if they are Town regulars

Edit:- apologies I thought I was replying to Kristine

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust Board Elections

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.