Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › 2.05 Market Rasen today.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

2.05 Market Rasen today.

This thread currently has 4,787 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Total Hawsehole
February 21, 2021, 8:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +140
Gold Stars: 2
I'd have put my money on the Dalai Lama. If I was a Tibetan man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 22, 2021, 10:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291

Cartmel was his regular festival of Tricks. Think his whole string was entered for races up there for the August bank holiday weekend. Beautiful part of the country and a fantastic weekend if you ever get the chance to go. Loved by Mr C  and aesthetically i can see why. But being a tiny racecourse in the middle of nowhere, with poor transport links and traditionally not having the luxury of a watering system(maybe they do now but doubt it), lets just call the ground they raced on usually on the lively side. So they would sometimes struggle for runners. This was their biggest fear, tens of thousands of paying customers(big holiday crowds at that time of year) wanting competitive racing, but not bothering to go as they had only managed to get a few horses to enter each race. Their solution was to offer generous subsidies/payments to connections who would be prepared to run their horses. The trainer and owner would be treat like kings and some of em loved this. Mr C would often run his twice over the weekend to fill his boots with the handouts. The equine opposition was let's say at the slower end of the racehorse population(being generous here), so in addition to all the subsidy money, he might even get his annual winner !!. Reasons to be cheerful part 3 !

A watering system? It's in the bloody Lake District!!!!!  

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
February 22, 2021, 11:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2

A watering system? It's in the bloody Lake District!!!!!  

It can and does get hot & dry in August, that's why it's packed with tourists in August. Guess that's also why they hold their " August Bank Holiday " festival at that time of year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › 2.05 Market Rasen today.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.