Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A New Beginning
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 356 Guests

A New Beginning

This thread currently has 9,353 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
February 21, 2021, 2:51pm
Guest User
Now would be great timing for the Takeover to be confirmed!

Fingers crossed!! 🤞
Reply: 20 - 52
moosey_club
February 21, 2021, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from smokey111

That's the spirit Private Frazer.

I just dont do blind faith. Would be nice to survive but until I see us  even threaten win a game I wont be raising my Hope's of survival.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
chipsandgravy
February 22, 2021, 12:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
I am respect everybody's opinions on this board particuarly those who are more positive of our situation at the moment. I use to be one of them
I am not being clever or overtly negative when I say that to me relegation is an almost certainty.
We cannot score nor can we defend and despite having an almost new team I cannot see it gelling soon enough to climb away from our present position. I commend Hurst for recognising our weaknesses and trying his best to do something about it. It is not his doing. I don't see us doing a Scunny and putting a run together nor do I see us as a team that will scrape a "win ugly" game or two. Very, very happy to be proven wrong but I know who to blame and its not Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
arryarryarry
February 22, 2021, 2:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chipsandgravy
I am respect everybody's opinions on this board particuarly those who are more positive of our situation at the moment. I use to be one of them
I am not being clever or overtly negative when I say that to me relegation is an almost certainty.
We cannot score nor can we defend and despite having an almost new team I cannot see it gelling soon enough to climb away from our present position. I commend Hurst for recognising our weaknesses and trying his best to do something about it. It is not his doing. I don't see us doing a Scunny and putting a run together nor do I see us as a team that will scrape a "win ugly" game or two. Very, very happy to be proven wrong but I know who to blame and its not Hurst.

Hasn't Paul Hurst signed 11 new players. If he cannot at least improve the position we were in when he signed them all then he must accept responsibility for that.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
DB
February 22, 2021, 3:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383

Win the 2 games in hand and that would put us 22nd so would a win and draw. As far as I know Town are the only team down there who haven't put a run of good results together. So if they did get a run going then the league position could be improved even better.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2021, 5:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The problem is getting a win DB, so as we have seen with Barrow and Southend recently, games in hand are not necessarily much use down at this end of the table. Our average points per game over the whole season so far is under one, so the most we can expect is two points.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
Zmariner
February 22, 2021, 9:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
We are not at all finished. We are very fortunate not to have been cut adrift with our abysmal form. That said I do feel the next four games are the last chance saloon. I also think for the vast majority of the season we have got exactly what we deserved but for the last couple of games we have been a bit unlucky and Football has a curious way of equalising itself, on this basis I just fancy us to sneak something tomorrow night. Defeat tomorrow night and I will throw in the towel utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
chipsandgravy
February 22, 2021, 10:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

Hasn't Paul Hurst signed 11 new players. If he cannot at least improve the position we were in when he signed them all then he must accept responsibility for that.

I accept that to a point. I think if you were putting 11 players together at any other time than being the 92nd team in the Football League adrift of safety with a number of short contract/loan players you would be right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
psgmariner
February 22, 2021, 10:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33

I accept that to a point. I think if you were putting 11 players together at any other time than being the 92nd team in the Football League adrift of safety with a number of short contract/loan players you would be right.

We were 3 points clear when he started.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
DB
February 22, 2021, 11:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from KingstonMariner
The problem is getting a win DB, so as we have seen with Barrow and Southend recently, games in hand are not necessarily much use down at this end of the table. Our average points per game over the whole season so far is under one, so the most we can expect is two points.

I agree and would much prefer points on the board than games in hand. It does however mean to an extent that we hold our own destiny in our hands.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A New Beginning

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.