Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The power of positive thinking.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

The power of positive thinking.

This thread currently has 3,491 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
February 19, 2021, 3:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
We might as well try it nothing else seems to work.

First the players, if they go out onto the pitch fearing another defeat that will most likely be the outcome.

On the other hand if they go out thinking I don't care who we are playing we can beat anybody , they just might get a result.

Now us the fans. If the players are hearing us saying another defeat on Saturday it will be in the back of their minds and again their heads will go down once the other side scored first.

So it's up to us to be positive and think we can get out of this mess because our players are up for the fight . Let's all think we can win the next game and the ones after give confidence to the players and we might all be pleasantly surprised. A run of 2 or 3 wins on the bounce and the table looks a lot better.
The players are feeling they can beat whoever we play and us fans are not so depressed.

What have we got to lose ?  Come on Town we can do this together.

No more negative thoughts ok  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Epworth Mariner
February 19, 2021, 3:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
Great idea.......but when Saturday comes and we hear the team.......??
But both Southend and Stevenage had amazing away wins recently.........so the flag will be flying in Epworth on Saturday!
Come on town.....!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
DB
February 19, 2021, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Power of Positive Thinking, a book by Norman Vincent Peale. I read it decades ago so to answer the questions,

Yes we will win on Saturday

Yes we will stay up

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
chrissy
February 19, 2021, 4:35pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
It's staying positive that keeps us going. Or is that hope ?

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
GrimRob
February 19, 2021, 5:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I'm always positive on Fridays. It's Saturdays that's the problem.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 25
NorthseaMariner
February 19, 2021, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
As I said on another thread Pete, I’m with you on the positive attitude. It’s all to play for and nothing to lose. They have to go out there and give it their all.
UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
ginnywings
February 19, 2021, 6:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Fans being positive won't make us win games. The team winning games will make the fans positive.

My stance has been and remains, we are not down until the maths say so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
moosey_club
February 19, 2021, 7:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
I'm positive we are getting relegated.

Does that count?

🙃

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
DB
February 19, 2021, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from moosey_club
I'm positive we are getting relegated.

Does that count?

🙃

NO

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
malkamalka
February 19, 2021, 8:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete
We might as well try it nothing else seems to work.

First the players, if they go out onto the pitch fearing another defeat that will most likely be the outcome.

On the other hand if they go out thinking I don't care who we are playing we can beat anybody , they just might get a result.

Now us the fans. If the players are hearing us saying another defeat on Saturday it will be in the back of their minds and again their heads will go down once the other side scored first.

So it's up to us to be positive and think we can get out of this mess because our players are up for the fight . Let's all think we can win the next game and the ones after give confidence to the players and we might all be pleasantly surprised. A run of 2 or 3 wins on the bounce and the table looks a lot better.
The players are feeling they can beat whoever we play and us fans are not so depressed.

What have we got to lose ?  Come on Town we can do this together.

No more negative thoughts ok  

You know what Pete, you're right in every way. The whole GTFC project has been soooo negative lately, the new owners must be thinking "WTF have we done?"

Only last weekend, I was thinking, "How can we, the fans, help turn this around"? And I came up with the idea that if we could think of what has been positive - perhaps we can make the future more positive, by taking positivity from the past.

The two season 2014/15 and 2015/16 have been the high points, the Play Off season (that we lost) then the following season which saw us promoted back into League Two. What were we doing "On this day" in each of those seasons? Lets concentrate on those "Highs" and let somebody else deal with the "Lows".

For too long we've done nothing but moan about where we should be, but moan is all we have done.

Lets go out all positive about climbing the table. If anybody wants to be negative, maybe Rob could create a "Whingers Corner" for them.

UTM

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The power of positive thinking.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.