5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
January 20, 2021, 9:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Stick some caravans on cheapside job done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
golfer
January 20, 2021, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,427
Gold Stars: 115
I wonder if Cheapside has planning position for houses, who owns the land and who would do the building  Methinks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
denni266
January 20, 2021, 10:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from golfer
I wonder if Cheapside has planning position for houses, who owns the land and who would do the building  Methinks.

Dont give fenty any more ideas  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Bristol Mariner
January 20, 2021, 11:04am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Maybe in Salford you could watch?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 20, 2021, 12:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I agree about times changing and the practicality of players not wanting to uproot their families for 1 or 2 year contracts. For me, the ideal location would be somewhere near to elsham/brigg . Great links to road, air and rail networks, not too far from Grimsby/cleethorpes and already has the likes of elsham hall and forest pines in close proximity (beats staying at millfields sic)

Will it happen? I think it is doubtful but with the potential new owners actually prepared to be ‘radical’ and forward thinking, then who knows

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 20, 2021, 12:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Don’t jump down my throat on this but how about Brigg? There is the Brigg Town ground of course plus a Leisure centre.unfortunately it is not in NEL.  An alternative if we do not want to upset Cleethorpes Town by investing in their rivals would be the Clee Road site or the North Prom sands, tides permitting.

Seems to me though that Brigg has many advantages, easy M-way access being key.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
psgmariner
January 20, 2021, 12:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Non starter for me - unfair on the youth team and further disconnects the town from the club.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
RichMariner
January 20, 2021, 12:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
The consortium are all about regenerating the town and bringing back a sense of pride in the club, so I'd be surprised if they entertained this idea (although I can understand where it came from).

How about we build a state-of-the-art training facility right here in Grimsby, with everything a modern footballer would want.

Make it something they'd be willing to travel for.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
Bigdog
January 20, 2021, 12:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from psgmariner
Non starter for me - unfair on the youth team and further disconnects the town from the club.

And also unfair on the players that actually do move to the Grimsby area and are willing and available to get involved in community projects. I thought that's what everyone wanted, Just because a failed penny pinching regime has struggled to attract players to their crumbling club citing location as the key excuse for their failure to sign players of any quality, doesn't mean to say it will always be so under new ownership. I could just about understand this idea out of desperation under a continuing Fenty regime, but I trust the new owners will change the perception of the club over time to make this whole training ground location "problem" a moot point..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
horsforthmariner
January 20, 2021, 1:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,606
Gold Stars: 9
A sort of halfway house would be to locate the training facilities in Brigg. For players who live in Sheffield or Leeds (perhaps Nottingham) this becomes more commutable but it’s not far for the youth team to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New training facility and it’s location

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.