Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 384 Guests

National League at risk

This thread currently has 154,997 views. Print
90 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
January 19, 2021, 4:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,338
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from Mayaman

Anything ? cheat ? Then what's the point of a league?

Yeah if it’s on offer. I’m sure Leicester fans weren’t sat there after they won the Prem clutching their pearls and saying “ooooh we shouldn’t have broke the financial fair play rules in 2013, this is tainted!”  

Cheating, voiding the league, a minor asteroid strike - I couldn’t care less what happens as long as we stay up this season. Then I’ll have a look at the old moral compass during a period of deep introspection over the summer
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 899
GollyGTFC
January 19, 2021, 6:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Mayaman

Anything ? cheat ? Then what's the point of a league?

Do you think Stevenage have lost any sleep over last season? Technically they were bottom by 10 points when the league season was curtailed and they survived because Bury had been thrown out of the league & Macclesfield were deducted 13 points.

You could argue it would be cheating if the National League played 60% of their season and expected the EFL to accept that as a completed season & agree to promotion and relegation. How would the 2 relegated clubs feel if they had played a full 46 matches & the clubs replacing them had only played 27 or so of their 44 planned league matches.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 899
forza ivano
January 19, 2021, 7:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
several Yeovil fans saying they think it'll be the typical National League fudge and that the outcome will be a 1  month suspension. Apparently the loans rather than grants stipulation has been known about by the Exec since November and they've kept the chairmen/women in the dark. Lot of very unhappy people apparently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 899
Jarmo.Is.God
January 19, 2021, 8:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from forza ivano
several Yeovil fans saying they think it'll be the typical National League fudge and that the outcome will be a 1  month suspension. Apparently the loans rather than grants stipulation has been known about by the Exec since November and they've kept the chairmen/women in the dark. Lot of very unhappy people apparently

I don't understand this suspension thing.

When they said about the EFL and Premier league having a 'circuit break' for a few weeks..
The players would still need to train with the squad?
Surely you can't go 2/3 weeks of just running in your house and expect them to keep up the match fitness
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 899
GollyGTFC
January 19, 2021, 8:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from forza ivano

I don't think a suspension is an option.The fixture pile up is getting critical as it is. There is no way they can go beyond the current National League end of regular season date- Saturday 29th May. That allows the play-offs to be completed by Saturday 12th June which is the last possible moment for the winning club to be admitted into the EFL. They have to carry on or just knock the season on the head.

They should be consulting the EFL with regards what the EFL will accept as a completed season. And the EFL should tell them their season needs to be completed in full (everyone playing all 44 matches) and that the Saturday 12th June end date is absolute and final.

Personally, I think it will be abandoned.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 899
heppy88
January 19, 2021, 9:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Current Fishy consensus with town sitting 2nd from bottom:
“Oh, we do hope the NL is cancelled this season. We can’t possibly go down again. We are too much of a big club to be relegated out of the league again. Us fans have suffered enough and it’s not our fault 😞😢”

Alternative universe: Current Fishy consensus with town sitting 2nd from top: “What do you mean the NL are scrapping their season? No promotion?! What the fu(k!! The selfish illegitimates, don’t they know we supported the NL for 6 years, us being a big club and all. We MUST be promoted it’s our destiny, the NL must  continue at whatever cost!!!!!”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 899
male private Nale
January 19, 2021, 9:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -806
Gold Stars: 131
Every one hoping for NL to capitulate are as bigger bottle jobs as hollowhead. We still have Almost half season left.

Wanting others to fail in their achievements to enable us to survive in league two leaves a sour taste.

Same people no doubt demanding fight and integrity from the town players, make me laugh, pass the white feathers.

Wouldn’t want you in the trenches alongside me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 899
Zmariner
January 19, 2021, 10:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from male private Nale
Every one hoping for NL to capitulate are as bigger bottle jobs as hollowhead. We still have Almost half season left.

Wanting others to fail in their achievements to enable us to survive in league two leaves a sour taste.

Same people no doubt demanding fight and integrity from the town players, make me laugh, pass the white feathers.

Completely agree, deal with where we are now. If anything else happens so be it. The battle starts on Saturday, the rest is just hot air utm

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 899
ginnywings
January 19, 2021, 10:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from male private Nale

Bottle jobs?

It's beyond our control whether the NL finishes early, but if it does and we benefit from it, then so be it.

If both the NL and our league are played to a conclusion and we are relegated on merit, then again, so be it, we deserve it.

As things are at the moment, without fans and players not being able to train properly, it's a farce of a competition, and the plug should be pulled in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 899
pen penfras
January 19, 2021, 10:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings

Bottle jobs?

It's beyond our control whether the NL finishes early, but if it does and we benefit from it, then so be it.

If both the NL and our league are played to a conclusion and we are relegated on merit, then again, so be it, we deserve it.

As things are at the moment, without fans and players not being able to train properly, it's a farce of a competition, and the plug should be pulled in my opinion.

I don't understand why it was ever allowed to start. There was obviously going to be big problems this winter regardless of a new variant. Football shouldn't have been allowed to start without financing in place to replace the lost supporters. The EFL and NL have a lot to answer for, they have put the clubs at a huge risk of going out of business and I don't see any argument for football below the Championship having started with such an unpredictable situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 899
90 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League at risk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.