RonMariner
January 19, 2021, 2:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
side note... why are Hereford in the National league North??

Weren’t we once in Division 3 South on the same basis?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 144
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 19, 2021, 2:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,263
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from Son of Cod
Just need to sign Chris Lines now and we've got ourselves a party.

Saw what you did there.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 144
Poojah
January 19, 2021, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500

Yep, I agree but we've had others who have come here at the end of their careers and done a great job - Whymark, Sherwood, Gary Jones and even Matt Tees the second time.

I'm an optimist - we must be due to sign someone who will go on to be a Town legend at some point. And Fenty won't be here to tell them to f*ck off when they have the audacity to ask for a pay rise.

Some good examples there, if a little harsh on Gary Jones who was just a couple of months the wrong side of his 30th birthday when he signed. He did cut the figure of an older player though, so I know what you mean.

I remember watching him sprint for the first time on his debut against Oxford and thinking, “who’s this fúcking cart horse we’ve signed here?” How wrong was I? What’s that saying, don’t judge a book by how quickly it runs over ten yards, or something.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 144
Nutsy
January 19, 2021, 4:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
I think energy is what we have in abundance - Hewitt and Clifton, but class and experience we are somewhat lacking (Rose has been disappointing imo)

Coke - Clifton - Hewitt may be the winning formula??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 144
The_Laughing_Mariner
January 19, 2021, 4:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
So are we interested in him or are we just doing Hereford a favour

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 144
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 19, 2021, 5:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,263
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from Poojah

Some good examples there, if a little harsh on Gary Jones who was just a couple of months the wrong side of his 30th birthday when he signed. He did cut the figure of an older player though, so I know what you mean.

I remember watching him sprint for the first time on his debut against Oxford and thinking, “who’s this fúcking cart horse we’ve signed here?” How wrong was I? What’s that saying, don’t judge a book by how quickly it runs over ten yards, or something.

Ha! If your view of Lumpaldinho was based on his speed you would think he was sh*t. But as you well know, back to goal and holding the ball up, finding another Town player from a flick on and muscling defenders were what he did!

And you can add to the list Craig Shakespeare and Craig Disley. Brian Laws did ok as a player as well. Not so sure about his management skills.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 144
sam gy
January 19, 2021, 5:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Was a big Craig Shakespeare fan as a young 'un.... Almost the forgotten midfielder of the 90's really, in terms of players we still talk about these days.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 144
moosey_club
January 19, 2021, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from diehardmariner
Just because of the protocols we have to have in place now for training, even more so after our heavy wrist slap last week, I can't imagine we're allowing someone to train with us just as a favour.

Be it with a view to signing or as a potential player, I think is probably an avenue Hurst is exploring.

The last 5 years of his C.V don't look great at all.  But as is always rolled out whenever Hurst signs someone that raises questions, neither did Jon Nolan's.

Haha,  just look at the video interviews that the club splash on the website....if you look in the background at the players training/ warming up there doesnt seem to be a great deal of compliance with what i would think are basic protocols for the current pandemic. Even at Sunday League level we are supposed to minimise sharing of equipment, wipe down intermittently with anti bacterial etc.
In the latest Rollin interview players could be seen taking off their sweaty bibs and passing them to other players to put on !!  
FA wouldnt need to do an inspection as the club have already documented it on video for the world to see.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 144
KingstonMariner
January 19, 2021, 9:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

Haha,  just look at the video interviews that the club splash on the website....if you look in the background at the players training/ warming up there doesnt seem to be a great deal of compliance with what i would think are basic protocols for the current pandemic. Even at Sunday League level we are supposed to minimise sharing of equipment, wipe down intermittently with anti bacterial etc.
In the latest Rollin interview players could be seen taking off their sweaty bibs and passing them to other players to put on !!  
FA wouldnt need to do an inspection as the club have already documented it on video for the world to see.  

That’s just another sign of the money incompetence/naivety in the club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 144
DB
January 19, 2021, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from moosey_club

Spot on, looks like Fenty is tight fist to the end

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Giles Coke training with Grimsby Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.