ginnywings
February 6, 2021, 11:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That may be true but it’s still a restriction on his right to work. It’s like you being told you are registered to ply your trade, but only for customers with lower incomes.

As frustrating as it is, the rules are there to stop teams just terminating a players contract outside of a transfer window, or everyone would be doing it.

I don't know if they will give him any special dispensation, but I doubt it.

Must be horrible for the player as it's probably the best move he could have hoped for at his age.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 144
grimsby pete
February 6, 2021, 12:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings

As frustrating as it is, the rules are there to stop teams just terminating a players contract outside of a transfer window, or everyone would be doing it.

I don't know if they will give him any special dispensation, but I doubt it.

Must be horrible for the player as it's probably the best move he could have hoped for at his age.

Sorry Ginny just given my good star on non footy and tried to give you a gold star on here but says you only have one star a day. That Rob must have changed it again.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 144
ginnywings
February 6, 2021, 12:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from grimsby pete

Sorry Ginny just given my good star on non footy and tried to give you a gold star on here but says you only have one star a day. That Rob must have changed it again.  

There's always tomorrow.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 144
scrumble
February 6, 2021, 1:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ginnywings

I understand why they have that rule, but the rules of the EFL do not trump the rules of the land. Unless Hereford are willing to pay him the EFL cannot stop his employment elsewhere.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 144
moosey_club
February 6, 2021, 1:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,180
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Do you actually know that. Seems odd that both the club and player got it wrong. Wouldnt overly go on what Gowling said either as at the moment I wouldn't trust Hereford on players registrations and contracts. Several people at there club involved in contracts have mysteriously resigned lately and there not being investigated by the FA for nothing!

I think the problem is the club didnt do anything, not necessarily got it wrong, they just failed to check and relied on " Giles said" ,

when they went to sign is when they discovered they couldnt. This was after having him in the building for 3 weeks.  One phone call is all that it would have taken to check.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 144
RonMariner
February 6, 2021, 1:57pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,532
Gold Stars: 224
I wonder what, if anything, the club are doing to try and remedy this situation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 144
promotion plaice
February 7, 2021, 2:54pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 192
Quoted from RonMariner
I wonder what, if anything, the club are doing to try and remedy this situation?

Giles Coke offers 'glimmer of hope' to Grimsby Town over move after registration issue

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....ransfer-hope-4976050

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 144
ginnywings
February 7, 2021, 5:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I've read a couple of times that he is training with us at his own expense. Surely we can front him some travel money at least?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 144
DB
February 7, 2021, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,950
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ginnywings
I've read a couple of times that he is training with us at his own expense. Surely we can front him some travel money at least?

I agree Ginny, he still looks keen to sign and Hursty wants him.

You do have to wonder what the hell is going on at Hereford. Why did Hereford either tell him or give him the impression he was a free agent? If you are told something you believe to be in good faith the you would not question it, especially if you thought you thought it came from a professional person. Why would Gowling wish him the best of luck knowing he was still under contract and not tell anybody? It's alright Gowling shouting due diligence, or what ever, but he also mudded the waters.

Coke is without any income, we are without a player we want. The FA should not dither and let him sign, give the guy a wage. Investigate Hereford certainly but put the wrongs right first. Too many why's and not enough answers from Hereford.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 144
Mighty_Mariner
February 7, 2021, 5:49pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from DB

I agree Ginny, he still looks keen to sign and Hursty wants him.

You do have to wonder what the hell is going on at Hereford. Why did Hereford either tell him or give him the impression he was a free agent? If you are told something you believe to be in good faith the you would not question it, especially if you thought you thought it came from a professional person. Why would Gowling wish him the best of luck knowing he was still under contract and not tell anybody? It's alright Gowling shouting due diligence, or what ever, but he also mudded the waters.

Coke is without any income, we are without a player we want. The FA should not dither and let him sign, give the guy a wage. Investigate Hereford certainly but put the wrongs right first. Too many why's and not enough answers from Hereford.

Bowling wished him well because he was on non-contract terms at Hereford so Giles could walk away with 7 days notice, which Hereford subsequently waived. The problem here is that Giles was/is registered as a player with the National League and this registration, for whatever reason was not cancelled. I'm not sure whose responsibility it was to cancel his registration with the NL, and thats where the problem lies!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 144
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Giles Coke training with Grimsby Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.