Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Giles Coke training with Grimsby Town
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 181 Guests

Giles Coke training with Grimsby Town

This thread currently has 26,427 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
February 5, 2021, 3:48pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ska face
So that’s Vernam leaving on a free because the club didn’t offer him new terms in time, Moshni announced as having been released before it even happened, now a player we wanted to sign being unable to because the club didn’t do the checks in time.

Even one of these would normally be a sacking offence, but three in about 6 months? Just insane that these are the people running the club. Honestly, most Sunday league sides are better run.

And dont forget we still havent heard an official announcement that we have signed Luke Spokes. He just showed up in the starting XI one day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 144
ginnywings
February 5, 2021, 4:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from forza ivano

sorry to doubt you Mighty, but that doesn't make sense. If that was the case then Mohsni couldn't have signed for Barnet as we released him outside a transfer window. Or am i missing summat?

Is it that they can go from the EFL to NL outside of a transfer window, but not the other way around?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 144
KingstonMariner
February 5, 2021, 4:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It doesn’t make sense because the NL would be stopping someone who is a free agent from pursuing their trade. It sounds like another of those quirks football accepts but won’t happen in the outside world.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 144
ginnywings
February 5, 2021, 4:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It doesn’t make sense because the NL would be stopping someone who is a free agent from pursuing their trade. It sounds like another of those quirks football accepts but won’t happen in the outside world.

He could ply his trade in non league I presume, but not in the EFL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 144
scrumble
February 5, 2021, 6:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from diehardmariner
It's unfair and as you've said denying someone a wage.  

Its more than unfair, its illegal. Either Hereford pay him a wage, or he is free to move. If he had a contract and Hereford where refusing to pay because they didn't have the money, he would be allowed to move, this really isn't much different. You cannot restrict anyone's right to work in this way

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 144
RonMariner
February 5, 2021, 6:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
I wonder if there is any possibility of appealing this with the EFL? After all the player is now in limbo and unable to earn a living. Perhaps the PFA could look into it?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 144
moosey_club
February 6, 2021, 9:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Would you buy a car from a back street garage without checking its m.o.t, hpi and without a V5 in the sellers name ?

Gowling nailed it in his local press interview ", they have had him for several weeks if they wanted him they should have done their due diligence in that time"

There is only one party to blame in all this.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 144
fiveallive
February 6, 2021, 9:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Grimsby are totally at fault Hurst should have got it done a couple of days before deadline day so he could concentrate on deadline day signings with Coke already sorted but he never, he was quick to get John-Lewis sorted wasn't he.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 144
chipsandgravy
February 6, 2021, 9:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from fiveallive
Grimsby are totally at fault Hurst should have got it done a couple of days before deadline day so he could concentrate on deadline day signings with Coke already sorted but he never, he was quick to get John-Lewis sorted wasn't he.

Do you actually know that. Seems odd that both the club and player got it wrong. Wouldnt overly go on what Gowling said either as at the moment I wouldn't trust Hereford on players registrations and contracts. Several people at there club involved in contracts have mysteriously resigned lately and there not being investigated by the FA for nothing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 144
KingstonMariner
February 6, 2021, 11:32am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

He could ply his trade in non league I presume, but not in the EFL.

That may be true but it’s still a restriction on his right to work. It’s like you being told you are registered to ply your trade, but only for customers with lower incomes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 144
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Giles Coke training with Grimsby Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.